Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Say I wanted to get a new bow..and my choices were >

Say I wanted to get a new bow..and my choices were

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Say I wanted to get a new bow..and my choices were

Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Say I wanted to get a new bow..and my choices were

A BowTech Old Glory or a Hoyt UltraTec/V-tec C.5....

What would you choose and why? Why is the c.5 better than the equalizer? or why is the equalizer better than the c.5? I know the c.5 well, but have no exp w/ the equalizer. Service is not an issue with either brand for me...looking just for technical merit.

No "BT sucks" or "Hoyt sucks" posts please...or other brand suggestions for that matter, as those are the bows I have narrowed down to.

OK class...discuss

Old 08-18-2005, 11:13 AM

Default RE: Say I wanted to get a new bow..and my choices were

Wait until next year
Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Russ..

I guess my question now is..

Would you havea suggestion as to ways I can improve my Kinetic Energy for hand launched arrows if I *do* get out to the woods this fall?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff.

If you had a 28" drawI would send you my Old Glory to test for a couple of days.

Oh hang on I take that back cause once you shoot the OG ya will want it and wont send it back.

I have found the Draw on the OG to be a lot smoother than the Allegiance and the V-Tec but that is just me

The speed is there also its not as fast as the Alley but not by much

It holds rock solid on target, no hand shock that I can feel and deadly quite.

The OG is also a tack driver when I do my part right.
I got a dozen Gold Tips 22 ultra light to try and just in group tuning wrecked 9 arrows[:@]Guess one day I am gonna learn not to group tune.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, Jeff:

Good to see you back here.

I don't know personally, but if you go over to ArcheryTalk, there was a pretty good discussion on that subject. A target shooter named Marcus from Australia was saying that the Cam.5 would get poor nock travel around full draw when the system was not in synch. He explained why a single cam was better than the Cam.5, mostly talking about the NRG cam. He had no experience with the CPS system, or Merlin's hybrids, apparently. He is shooting an Allegiance, and has extolled the virtues in glowing terms. Seems to be a big fan of the Equalizer system. For me and my limited experience, I shot Frank's OG, and really liked everything about it except for the little hump before letoff. That might have been worse, since his draw is 1.5" longer than mine. Shot feel, quiet, vibe, all were as good as any bow I'v shot. Also, the only Binary bows I've seen with the dreaded cam lean have been the Defenders. The Hoyts do thump a little more, but are very quiet. They peak too late for my taste, but maybe not yours. I also think the Hoyt system is more prone to serving wear on the power cable, not to mention that you would need new string/cables where you could actually shoot the ones that come on the OG. I try to pay attention to this stuff, but personally, I'm happy as a clam with my 40" ATA, 7.5" brace, 311 IBO Tundra!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to start a bashing thread or anything, but it seems as if Bowtech has solved their limb/limb pocket problems this year. That being said, I went from a Liberty to a Protec with spirals, and they both feel dead in the hand, are whisper quiet, and have no vibration. I have shot an Old Glory and found it to be the same. I'd say the cam and a half would be better if you wanted adjustability of the draw without switching cams. But I'd also be willing to bet that the Old Glory was a bit faster.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

.....feel dead in the head......
'

Heh..I feel that way most of the time Josh

keep those opinions/experiences coming folks...I'm outta the loop on these new 2005 bows...
Old 08-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

.....feel dead in the head......

OPPS [:-]
Old 08-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

no clue why this thing keeps making all my post show double.

Quick Reply: Say I wanted to get a new bow..and my choices were

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.