Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow Blind(umbrella)? >

Bow Blind(umbrella)?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Blind(umbrella)?

Old 08-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Bow Blind(umbrella)?

Has anyone of you ever used or know someone who has used one of those bow blinds. They are camo umbrellas that mount in your sabilizer hole and have a hole in 'em to see/shoot through. They look like a pretty neat idea to conseal your draw. Anyone? They claim it's really light. It only measures like 36". They claim it actual works like a sabilizer and reduced shock/vibration. Just don't know any one who has used one. Any one know who makes it? Or where to get/look at one?
Old 08-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Default RE: Bow Blind(umbrella)?

i have seen them but never used one or know someone that has use one but i think that one would work good as hunting antelope or turkey hunting.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:36 PM

That's what I was thinking. Turkey hunting will a bow, it's real hard to draw without being busted. I really don't want to carry a full blind around when I runnin' and gunnin' for Gobblers. It's just to much to carry with all my decoys,calls, and bow. That thing would be attatched to my bow and I could just pop it open when needed.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have not used one personally but I would have a hard time believing all of their claims without giving one a thorough workout. Drawing on a tom or buck typically involves movement with more than just the bow arm. That movement would be transferred right into the blind. Bush-looking or not, that movement is going to catch game's attention and potentially spook it.

As for it acting as a noise and vibration reduction device....it is lightweight and just an attachment to allow the umbrella section to open up then I don't see how it could do it. If the handle had some Sims Navcom material installed inside of it or was free floating like a doinker then maybe but without either of those I would be hard pressed to believe noise and vibration reduction.

Sorry for being the pessimist but they are just my thoughts.