Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

question..... ?

Old 08-06-2005, 02:47 PM

Default question..... ?

ok........I understand that if a compound bow gets left in a hot vehicle it could , and probably willbe devistating to the bow............but..........does that mean not to have it outside in extreme temps (hot) 90 +degrees while practicing........................ ?I do not want to take any chances on destroying my equipment....

Old 08-06-2005, 05:58 PM

Default RE: question..... ?

should be fine if you take it out in the heat
Old 08-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Well I had this thought a while back and here is the decision I came to.

On a 95 degree day sit out in the middle of your drive way. Uncomfortable yes but not life threatening.

Then go sit in your car sitting in your drivewaywith all the windows rolled up and see how long you last

Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: utah300rum
Well I had this thought a while back and here is the decision I came to.

On a 95 degree day sit out in the middle of your drive way. Uncomfortable yes but not life threatening.

Then go sit in your car sitting in your drivewaywith all the windows rolled up and see how long you last
Good analogy utah.

I have hunted in 90 degree weather before with no ill affects to my bow although I thought I was gonna die. [&:]
Years ago before I had my own house, I left my bow at my father's. He, not knowing about fiberglass limbs and such, stored my bow in the attic of the garage over the summer. When I got it back to practice, the bow sounded like a cannon. I checked it and the top limb had a 2" crack in it. I don't know at what temperature it will get damaged but I try not to leave it in my truck if I can help it.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take if from a Texan.... 90 degrees isn't exactly extreme heat. This time of year, having a high under 100 means we've had a cold front. [8D] On a sunny, August day down here, you really can fry an egg on the hood of your truck. I've shot bows in temps up to 118 with no problems. As far as the bows were concerned, that is.

Your bow isn't really in trouble unless it gets too hot to touch, and they can easily get that hot when leaving them inside a car on a hot day, even in the trunk.