Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QuikSPins vs. Blazers >

QuikSPins vs. Blazers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QuikSPins vs. Blazers

Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 AM

Default QuikSPins vs. Blazers

Does anyone know enough about both of these fletchings to sort out the pros and cons?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:06 PM

Default RE: QuikSPins vs. Blazers

Depends, on the size of vanes your shooting. I like the 1.5 inch quickspins for target and 3d. Dont think there heavy enough to control a broadhead. There fast though. 2 inch blazers are my favorite for all around shooting and hunting. There fast too. 4 inch quickspins are nice but to damn expensive, and they tear very easily if your shooting a few arrows in a group. Overall I like the blazers.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:16 PM

I went with the blazers because I am using a Biscuit rest and the quick spins do not look stiff enough to me to hold up to the biscuit. The blazers are very impressive.....
Old 08-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Ive shot both. The QS are loud, flimsey, expensive and slow your arrow down. I fletched 6 arrows with them and I didn't see any real improvement over the easton diamond vanes. I then fletched a few with blazers and saw a slight difference in accuracy. However, they were light so it increased my FOC and made the arrow faster. They are also very durrable. I currently use blazers with a 4"wrap and still weigh less than QS with out. By the way I use a wery slight right offest. Good Luck.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:52 AM

ORIGINAL: reflexkid
4 inch quickspins are....... too damn expensive, and they tear very easily if your shooting a few arrows in a group. Overall I like the blazers.
I ripped several while shooting groups with my field tips.

ORIGINAL: bigbuck270
Ive shot both. The QS are loud, flimsey, expensive and slow your arrow down. I fletched 6 arrows with them and I didn't see any real improvement........ I then fletched a few with blazers and saw a slight difference in accuracy.
Same here. I will be using Blazers for target and hunting until something better comes out. I use EZE Crest wraps cut down to 1" wide and 2" Blazers with a right helical clamp and a slight offset.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:26 AM

as i have not shot the blazer i can not comment on them,,as for the qs they IMO are not worth it i only did a coulpe arrows with them and i could not tell any accurace changes and im sure they slow your arrow down and they look like they spin about as fast as my regular arrow with a heavy helical on them,,just goin by eye there could be a deffinate difference but it dont look that way
Old 08-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot blazers but put the quick spins to the test this summer. I fletched up 6 arrows for all my bows (hoyt razor tech with a muzzy zero effect, Hoyt redline with quick tune 4000 drop away, and a hoyt excel with a quick tune 1000 fixed rest). I had trouble with quick spin 4 inch clearing my drop away rests. I had to move theknock up to 3/8s an inch andgreaterm which is way to high for my liking. Did ok with my fixed rests. I was very disapointed with the durability of quick spins. They did not hold up to the slightest abuse at all. They also slow your arrows down. At 30 yards you could tell they caused a much greater drop than other types of fletching. Im sticking with blazers. Oh one other thing, they are the loudest fletching I ever shot. I think they are much louder than feathers.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:29 AM

Tried both;

Did NOT like the Quick Spins

LOVE the Blazers and still shooting them.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

Quickspins wrinkle easy and tear up easy as well I like the blazers alot. The quickspins a rediculously overpriced as well.