Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 VTEC replacement string >

VTEC replacement string

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

VTEC replacement string

Old 07-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default VTEC replacement string

I messed up the serving on the cable to my VTEC during a long shooting session and put a tiny nick in the string. My pro shop owner said it would be best to replace the cable and I agreed. Here's the question - He said Hoyt won't sell a brown / black cable to match the original,so he used a black generic cable. Was he blowing smoke to make a quick sale, or can't I buy a matching cable? Call me silly, but I would be happier with a matched set on a six month old Hoyt. Thanks, Jim
Old 07-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VTEC replacement string

Yikes, sounds like he didn't have two color string to me.

Nothing uglies up a bow quicker than all black strings, ok maybe a bland black grip- but there pretty close.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a custom set from one of the better string manufactures. I shoot the factory strings for a bit, then replace them. You can get what you want as far as colors and material choices and the quality will be much better. Berry, prostring, Bowmans, Winners choice all make good products.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Yes, I was thinking a custom set too. But Iwill probably shoot the black one for a while to see if there is any excesive wear. Seems like the factory serving wore very quickly for the amount of off season shooting I do. We checked the lower cam and there doesn't seem to be any rough spots. Jim