Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning Question

Old 07-13-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Tuning Question

I was shooting field tips fairly accurate. I had good groups and figured I would need to practice with broadheads. I shot same size weight and they would shoot low. I moved my knock position down a little and now it shoots much better. What else can I do or should do to get a better feel for what is the problem? Would moving the rest higher fix it better?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 AM

Default RE: Tuning Question

What else can I do or should do to get a better feel for what is the problem? Would moving the rest higher fix it better?
You said it shot good when you moved the nocking point. What is the problem now?

To tune a broadhead, I like to shoot through paper to get nock height correct. Then I group tune at 20 and 40 yards for horizontal adjustsments on the rest. If your spine is borderline, or you don't know, it might be a good idea to bareshaft tune, adjusting draw weight when doing it. (don't use broadheads when bareshaft tuning.)