Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Mighty Mite out of spec. >

Mighty Mite out of spec.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Mighty Mite out of spec.

Old 07-09-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Mighty Mite out of spec.

I measuredthe ATA on my MM VFTand I'm 1/2" toolong according to manufacture'sspecs. My BH is about 1/8' off as well. I replaced the Bowtech factory cable with a winner's choice cable after some wear, and replaced the original string (later on)with a factory Bowtech string. Brought the bow to a new pro-shop to have it pressed (my local Bowtech dealer shut down[&o]), and the tech. there recommended that I shouldn't twist the WC cables to bringthe bowback to spec. because they have had problems with them (WC strings)twisting upthe yoke too much. Is this true, and how do I get my bow back to factory specs?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Mighty Mite out of spec.

I cannot comment on the issue of the WC cable twisting up the yoke too much as I really have little experience with them. I would be more concerned, initially, with the timing of the cam. Is the cam in the correct rotational position? Though possible I would have a hard time believing it if all your other specs are off by a significant amount. Keep in mind that sometimes don't always come "right on" the advertised specs for the bow. I have had many bows throughout the years that were off on A to A by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch for various reasons. None of which was detrimental to the bow or my shooting experience. 1/8th of an inch of brace is not something I would be overly concerned about.

Check the timing of the cam first and let us know.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

if your brace height is long you need to put some twists in your string.since you said the string is new I can bet you need a few twists in your string.if you have the manual for the bow it gives a dimension on the bottom cam screw for timing.you need to set it to this measurment and it will be in time.as far as your cable I would take it off and hook the loop to a screw in a bench and put a tape measure on the screw to and pull the cable and see what it measures twist it or un twist it too what its supposed to be.if you have to much twist in the cable your gonna gain pondage.as far as the yoke these are twisted to kept the top wheel straight.if you look down the bow like your lining the string with your arrow look at the top wheel and see what way its leaning.you can either twist or un twist either side to pull that top wheel so its back in line with your string.brad
Old 07-11-2005, 05:36 PM

PA - the timing is off on the cam by about 1/8". I will press it and get it (the cam) back to spec. Thanks for the heads-up- I didn't even think about the timing[:@].