Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bitzenburger Fletching Question >

Bitzenburger Fletching Question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bitzenburger Fletching Question

Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bitzenburger Fletching Question

Hello everyone! This is my first official posting on HuntingNet.com.I think this website is really cool. Anyway I have a question for anyone out there that has experience in fletching arrows. I plan on purchasing a Bitzenburger Fletching Jig and Right Helical Clamp.Is it necessary for me to purchase the nock receiver attachment or is this a waste of money.Also, should I purchase more than 1 clamp. I will be fletching 2 dozen arrows a year at the most. Thanks for any comments.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bitzenburger Fletching Question

If you want to do traditional 120 degree threefletch or 90 degree 4 fletch, then you don't need to buy anything else, as it comes ready to doeither type by just adjustingone of three set screws. There is a little'V' shaped nock centering device that centers the arrow in the jig and holds it in place.

As forgettinga straightclamp, that's up to you and your setup. I have thert helical clamp formine and I see no reason to use anything else. I use a drop-away restso fletching clearance isn't an issue with my setup, and helicalprovides the best stabilization, especially for broadheads.

Mike
Old 06-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

The extra nock receivers were originally designed for those arrows with a rear taper and a glue on nock. If you are shooting any modern arrow with a removeable nock, don't worry about where the fletching goes, just twist the nock after you are done to properly align it.

As for the extra clamp, I have a bitz with both a straight and right helical clamp. I would have to say that about 80% of the time I use the helical clamp, but it is nice to have the straight clamp once and awhile.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:20 AM

The only time that I use my straight clam is when I fletch with Quickspins. They need about 1/16" offset according to the instructions.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:00 PM

I have both the straight and right helical clamps. In part because my daughter shoots with an offset and I shoot helical. Also, I have some arrows fletched offset for my bow that I sometimes shoot at targets and occassionally need to refletch.