Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Another Satisfied STS customer...... >

Another Satisfied STS customer......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Another Satisfied STS customer......

Old 06-26-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Satisfied STS customer......

Well mine came in the mail Friday. I am down in PA right now and had a chance to install the STS and shoot it on our range down here. First impressions.............wow this thing is quiet now. The patriot was a bit loud previous becuase I pulled all leaches/silencers off the string for the extra speed in 3D. Now it is deadly quiet, so quiet that all I hear now is the loud audible click from my TRU Ball Ultra Extreme release going off.....never heard that before. The bow is definately noticably more dead in the hand on the shot as well.

I also occasionally have a form problem where my hand won't be in the same position on the grip. I now realize when I make this mistake, because the bracket touches my hand if I am holding the bow wrong. I like this reference point a LOT. The bow didn't change point of impact at all, nothing needed to be changed or tuned at all.

I set it so that the letters on the limb saver were barely touching the string, and as high towards the center as it can go while still being in the middle of the limb saver.

It is still hard to swallow a $40 price for such a simply designed piece of equipment, but there is no doubt at all that this thing does exactly what everyone says. I would buy another in a heart beat.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another Satisfied STS customer......

Definately a great add on!!! I installed one on my already quiet Pearson Pride and now it is absolutely church mouse quiet. All I can hear is a slight tink from my release and the arrow whizzing down range.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:12 AM

Default RE: Another Satisfied STS customer......

Rick James - I'm not a big fan of the company, seeing as I e-mailed them with a question after I got mine and instead of responding to it, they sent back an e-mail telling me why I should purchase their product (they obviously don't read their mail). In any case, I put the STS on my bow and didn't really notice much difference. That is, until I had a problem with the bottom cam one day. Seems it started rubbing against the limb, causing my shots to go high and right. Not knowing what the problem was, I thought maybe the STS was catching the cables, so I took it off. The next shot I took, the bow shook like I was holding a hollow pipe that someone hit with a sledge hammer. Needless to say, I put the STS back on (and got the cam fixed). Still not a fan of the company, but reluctantly have to admit the product really works.