Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Question about XX78's >

Question about XX78's

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about XX78's

Old 06-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Question about XX78's

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr
That's a nice looking bow for its age as well. You must take good care of it.

Paul
Thanks.... I bought it used a few years ago, and then had it double checked at a bow shop. It was still setup accurate and true at 65#'s and 30" draw. The guys just tweaked it a little and then added a peepsite for me.

I have toyed with the idea of going out and getting a brand new lefty bow with a single cam or the new hybrid cams at 300+ fps, but I just can't seem to put down and/or retire my old '96 PSE Edge 1000C. I just grew accustomed to it and it's own level of performance. Heck, I even named it "Patsy" - after Patsy Cline andI guess the sound of the name "PSE".

I have torn fletchings and destroyed nocks on some XX75's at 20 yards with this bow. It is that accurate of a bow!

Butch A.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

What I do is use the xx75's for practice/small game hunting and the XX78's for big game hunting shafts. They are straighter and more consistant than the xx75's, but most would never know it unless they compared the raw shafts.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:21 AM

Don`t forget that those faster shafts with their thinner walls won`t survive long with other arrows hitting down the sides of them.