Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String broke while in my bowcase???? >

String broke while in my bowcase????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String broke while in my bowcase????

Old 06-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: String broke while in my bowcase????

I would say the hottest it could of been in the garage was at the most 90degrees but I doubt it even got that hot. It looked as if the string just pulled apart. I will try to post a pic of the string tonight.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

I bet it got hotter than 90deg in there.. the sun beating down really heats thins up. Ever gotten in your car when the sun's been beating down on it for several hours.. windows up ect... it's soo hot you can't touch the steering wheel.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:41 PM

I made a post awhile back about the same sort of thing happening to me.

After last season I hung my bow on the rack down in my basement (easily 10 degrees cooler than upstairs) and drew it at least once a day every day. The first really warm day of the year I decided I wanted to shoot. I took my bow upstairs, set it on my desk and started loading the targets, bow boxes, etc into the truck to leave. When I walked back into my room to put the bow in it's case, I noticed the string had snapped directly on the upper cam underneith the serving material.

I have yet to find out what caused the break. Whether it was poor string material or perhaps something sharp between the cam and the string I have yet to find out, but I know for sure that it wasn't heat that caused mine to snap.

Depending on where your's snapped, heat may have been the leading factor. There are many things that could have caused it, just be thankful it didn't happen when you went to draw it back!