Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what is the STS system >

what is the STS system

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what is the STS system

Old 06-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what is the STS system

I have seen people on here asking if it will go on bows and i dont even know what it is.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is the STS system

Forums | HELP | RULES | Register | Login | My Profile
Gallery | Member List | Search | Lost Password | Log Out
Chat | Classifieds | Hunt Swap | Contact Admin
ACTIVE TOPICS | InBox

Try that feature. Might help.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:45 PM

It's interesting that most of the postitive results that I've read have been on tournament bows. My testing on hunting equipment has not produced the same positive results all the time.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

To answer your question, it is basically just a limbsaver mounted to the end of an adjustable rod. The rod mounts to either a front or rear stabilizer hole on the riser of your bow. The limbsaver part rests just up against the string and is designed to stop the bowstring from traveling past brace as well as absorb any string vibration.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:42 PM

What PABowhntr said. There are a ton of threads on the STS over on the Archery Talk site, where everyone seems to think it is the greatest invention ever produced by man. I bought one for my Reflex Buckskin. Quite frankly, any improvement it made was minimal at best. That, coupled with the poor e-mail support the company offers, has left me unimpressed with it. However, as I indicated above, there are a lot of people that swear by it, so maybe I'm just one of the few that it doesn't benefit.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:53 PM

I have the STS system on my Allegiance. It deffinetly was worth the money for me. It didn't make much of a differance as far as shock and vibration, but that is hard to judge as it was so shock-free! It did quiet the bow substantially. I took the string silencers off and it is quieter than with the hush kit. It does make a THUD noise that alot of guys hear, but I had my buddy shoot it as I stood to the side and it was incredibly quiet!
Old 06-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned the STS is a small Limbsaver mounted to a 3/8" rod which is adjustable for length and offset. It does seem to work better on some bows than others. Ironically, most of the really positive posts seem to be from guys who have Mathews or Bowtech VFT bows, which are supposed to be very quiet and shock free to begin with. In my experience, the STS does not make my bow any quieter, it simply makes a shorter, sharper sound. It does seem to limit vibration well. When I first shot my bow with the STS, I had a Whisker Biscuit rest on it and it shot very well despite the fact that I hadn't really shot outside that much before that session. I'm not really sure the bow is shooting better with the current drop away rest. In the next month, I will see enough to be sure how I like the bow shooting broadheads. This is at least the second time I've read a post by Len that seem to indicate that the STS picture is not quite as rosy as most are making it out to be.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:05 AM

Bows that I put the sts on- patriot dual cam, pro 40 dual cam. Reduction in noies- and vibration- hardly noticable- conclusion- on these bows, the sts is a waste of money. good luck on your bow. I am SUPER surprised to hear that the hoyts and binary cam bows show a difference.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out shooting early this morning, and I've got to say I don't envy Matt/PA and others who supposedly must take their STS systems off their bows to compete at the Erie IBO shoot. There was a change in POI that would certainly be significant at their level of competition.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:23 AM

I noticed that Joe. I was getting height differance of about 9" from shooting with and without the system. I think that when I am hunting this year, I am gonna carry some super glue and a Simms Recurve limbsaver with me incase I bump the one off. I would hate to screw up the shot of a lifetime because a dang noise reduction accessory fell off!