Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 oneida aero force draw weight changing? >

oneida aero force draw weight changing?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

oneida aero force draw weight changing?

Old 06-06-2005, 11:47 PM

Default oneida aero force draw weight changing?

i have an earlier oneida eagle aero force an it says when adjusting draw weight first loosen the socket head timing screw on the lower cam. my question is there is also a screw on the upper cam flathead type screw is this also a timing screw and does that one also need to be loosened? any help would be great thank you
Old 06-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Default RE: oneida aero force draw weight changing?

mrwhitetailhunter,

Go over to the oneida forums and ask this question and you will gte a bunch of good advice. i only know how to mess with the Black Eagle and Stealths timing system and it is probably significantly different (Heck, those two are significantly different). www.oneidaeaglebows.com and than click on forum on the right side of the page. Lots of guys over there still shoot the Aeroforce, it's a very nice bow, almost bought one myself and I kick myself at least once a week for not grabbing it as a fingers bow.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

No. Do not loosen the timing screw. You dont have to, it wont hurt the timing system, just make sure you keep the turns on the limb bolts even, no more than two turns each. The screw on the upper cam is the screw to adjust timing cable tension. Dont unscrew anything, theres no need, just keep the turns even, no more than 2 turns each on each bolt.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:32 AM

this is the screw i am not sure of. it is located on the upper cam

Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 AM

here is a pic of the sockethead screw on the lower cam which the manual states is the timing screw and to loosen this one before making weight changes. but they do not mention the screw on the upper cam

Old 06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhh...yes. Thats the screw that holds the timing wheel to the cam. Its actually supposed to be a allen screw that goes in from the other side. Like I said earlier, you dont need to loosen anything. Just keep the turns even on both ends, and no more than 2 turns with each bolt.