Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Broadhead Tuning >

Broadhead Tuning

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadhead Tuning

Old 05-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead Tuning

Don't worry about foc , 4 out of 5 arrows hitting with your field tips , don't worry

edit = fix the odd arrow
Old 05-25-2005, 05:33 PM

It's just in my nature to worry about it. I can't help myself! I want to have excellent accuracy with broadheads out to 60yds. I don't intend to shoot that far at game but I want to know that I could. Know what I mean?
I've been reading too much Chuck Adams!

I figure that if my equipment is 110% squared away come hunting season then that's one less thing to deal with. I don't want to have to think about my equipment when I'm hunting. I just want it to work in as many different scenarios as possible.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:31 PM

I'm glad I started this broadhead tuning early in the season! [>:]
With the 125gr. field tips I am practically stacking arrows at 30 yds.! The broadheads are still rather erratic. 3 arrows are grouping to the right, 3 arrows are grouping high. (consistantly)
I just ran my setup through the Easton program and it doesn't even list the 2315 when using the 125gr tips. [:@] As good as they are shooting with the field tips though I'm not going to worry about it.
I've rotated the nocks to try to eliminate the last little bit bit of fletching contact but I'm not having any luck. I either brush the cables or the rest as it's falling. It's very slight but is enough to wrinkle the fletches and in some instances fray the edges. I'm thinking it might be just enough to destabilize the arrow with a broadhead on it but not enough to make a difference with the field tips.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are impressed by what Mr Adams does , I would suggest checking the equipment he uses , Every time Ive seen him in a video shooting , it was a long axil dual cam bow , he was shooting aluminum arrows , with lots of fletch on the end of them . Thats just a start , hes got lots of experience . 60 yard shots at game is out of the question for a very high percentage of experienced bow hunters and most would not even consider it .
Old 05-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Landjaeger

It's just in my nature to worry about it. I can't help myself! I want to have excellent accuracy with broadheads out to 60yds. I don't intend to shoot that far at game but I want to know that I could. Know what I mean?
I've been reading too much Chuck Adams!

I figure that if my equipment is 110% squared away come hunting season then that's one less thing to deal with. I don't want to have to think about my equipment when I'm hunting. I just want it to work in as many different scenarios as possible.

Just finished up mine and foc was a significant part of the equation. It matters. I have not shot any 60 yrds. but I'm sure that if I can aim it, it will hit it, over and over. My equipment will not be the problem if I miss.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:33 AM

60 yd. shots at game (other than groundhogs) is out of the question. At this point my self imposed limit is 35yds. By the time that the season gets here I should have that extended to 45. That is assuming that I can get my broadheads shooting close to my field points.