Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Norb Mullany's test results of the Allegiance VFT... >

Norb Mullany's test results of the Allegiance VFT...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Norb Mullany's test results of the Allegiance VFT...

Old 05-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Norb Mullany's test results of the Allegiance VFT...

Are in the Aug. edition of Bowhunting World starting on page 83.

The test is a good read and the graphs show how efficient the Equalizer Binary Cam System is. It seems that Norb was pretty impressed and made several positive comments about the bow and the new cam system.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Norb Mullany's test results of the Allegiance VFT...

Great Pat, now I have to go out and find someplace today that is selling Bowhunting World....

....did he find anything negative about the bow...or are you going to just make me go read it?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Norb's finding and comments are dead on for this bow. I have been shooting mine since early March and can't say enough good things about it. Simply Awesome!

But........Has anyone ever seen a report by him that he didn't say its the best bow in the world? It seems to me that he likes every bow he shoots and highly praises it.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

But........Has anyone ever seen a report by him that he didn't say its the best bow in the world? It seems to me that he likes every bow he shoots and highly praises it.
TRUE
Old 05-25-2005, 07:01 AM

I don't think I've ever seen Norb knock a bow in the ground but if you read his reviews he does stay pretty objective I think.

The vast majority of the bowhunting world aren't tech freaks like we are (though I belive there are more than ever) and a serious "Con" in your and my eyes the average Joe Bohunter will never notice and that's who he needs to target to sell magazines.

That being said...

I've always wanted to meet him and got the chance at the ATA show in Jan. He was at the Wheeler booth talking to Mark when I was there and long story short....his personal opinions and what he writes are GREATLY affected by the sponsors for certain magazines. I asked him some very specific questions on what he though of certain cam designs, riser materials and such and I got a sly smile and "I'm not at liberty to comment" retort....'Nuff said?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

You'll have to get a copy, I can't write the entire article here...

Positive comments are almost a must by magazine testers and I try not to read too much into what's written however you can't argue with the technical graphs and charts data.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Norb's finding and comments are dead on for this bow. I have been shooting mine since early March and can't say enough good things about it. Simply Awesome!

It's called advertising money. I don't think I've ever seen a bad report about any bow in any magazine.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't recall a really bad report either, but you certainly tell when Norb is very impressed with a product, and when he is just trying to stay basically positive. I do recall comments about force draw being other than what he prefers, but he always seems to preface that with "this is what I prefer", not this is bad and something else is much better.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Frank,

You'll have to get a copy, I can't write the entire article here...
Ah come on Pat, what do they pay you for?

I really just want to see if you can correctly re-spell hyterisis, hysteresis, hysterisis...oh, whatever...ya know what I mean.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:20 AM

Yea,, that's bad stuff!! My wife was hysterias when she seen that I rolled my tractor Now I "walk with a gimp"[&:]

Quick Reply: Norb Mullany's test results of the Allegiance VFT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.