Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Patriot Dually goes"CLUNK" >

Patriot Dually goes"CLUNK"

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Patriot Dually goes"CLUNK"

Old 05-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Patriot Dually goes"CLUNK"

I just bought a used 2003 Patriot Dually. I just replaced the modules today (PD3 28" down to PD5 26"DL) so have only taken a few shots with it indoors so far. My problem is when drawing it, when it hits the wall it makes a loud clunking sound that would definitely spook game. It has original stings and cables but I do have a quality set on order ( J.A.M. from Gibblet). It is cranked down to 63 lbs (50-60 limbs) and the ATA and brace height are to factory spec. Anybody have any theories?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Patriot Dually goes"CLUNK"

try setting it in the middle,
if its 50-60# go for 55#.
also check everything,
clunk sounds like something may be lose and touching,
Old 05-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Patriot Dually as well that I picked up used. I am very familiar with the sound you are referring to. Basically, since it is such a radical cam when you drop into the nearly non-existant valley it is so sharp that you slam your draw stops into the string. Through practice I have been able to control my draw so I don't slam as hard into the valley, but it takes time and practice. I still do slam it back every once in a while, but I'm hoping to get it under control in case I need to use the bow for hunting. Right now it's a back-up. Take some time and work on drawing it slowly and evenly and you should be able to at least reduce the noise you hear.

Good luck.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try superglueing a peice of dr scholls "gellin" insole to either the stopper or the limb where the stopper hits... It will make the backwall a tiny bit spongy, but u will still have a solid enough wall to anchor consistantly.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I posted that thinking you had the Infinity cam version. Does the dually have a draw stop?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:23 PM

there's a constitution up at a nearby shop that's missing the rubber piece around the draw stop, and it makes that noise when the metal stop hits the limb.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are no draw stops on the Duallys. Check the bow over to be sure everything is tight. What rest is on the bow?
Old 05-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Phil, the draw stops are on the cams and hit the string as the cam rotates around. It's not a draw stop in the traditional sense, but it does stop the draw and makes a noise if you slam back into it.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

Do your cams have the correct amount of lean in them? If they don't have any lean.. or the incorrect amount of lean.. the cables won't track into the cable grooves correctly.. and when you hit full draw.. they may be snapping into the groove creating the noise that you are experiencing. Just a thought.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:45 PM

I have shot the patriot dually for 2 years. Actually I have two of them. I also have a pro 40 dually. I have never heard this sound, or heard of this problem. The only thunk that I hear is the thunk at the shot. The nv system got rid of that. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Patriot Dually goes"CLUNK"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.