Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Help needed

Old 03-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help needed

I hope someone can help. I installed Norton Internet Security 2004 upgrade. A big mistake so far.On other sites I have no problem. On this site the only way I can post is shut off the Security. What do I have to do to correct this?I don't want to operate my computer with the security shut off.I tried shutting off my POP UP blocker. I shut the firewall off. Still nothing. If I shut the security off it works. What gives? I appreciate any help. I just got my computer back from the shop today. This Norton had really messed up my computer. Now still having this headache. Thanks for any help.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-16-2004, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Help needed

Ruger I feel your pain brother (see my post on log in issues). The good news is that at least the auto protect is still running even if you disable NIS. Seems that is where the problem lies with the firewall and pop up blocking. Maybe someone can give us a little direction hang in there. Gary
Old 03-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Gary, Hopefully someone will come up with a simple solution.I checked back with the computer shop.He explained what probably is happening.This site must have third party "Cookies" and won't let me in.If I findout anything I'll post it here.This is one of my favorite sites and sure would hate to leave for this reason.Even my Outlook Express is having problems since installing the Norton I.S. Most of the time when I close my Outlook Express a message comes up a "illegal operation has been performed".
I'll be glad to get this mess straightened out.
Thanks for your .02.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 06-27-2004, 01:01 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, guys the wife installed NIS this weekend, and guess what...problems with my favorite forum. I got it working by changing the default setting (rather than the one for just this URL, which I tried but I could not get to work). The link will walk you through it (it's pretty simple). It would be nice if I could change the setting for just this site, but all the URL's I tried didn't make it work right.

Passing referrer information to specific Web pages in Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall 2003 and 2004
Old 07-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]