Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help needed

Old 11-02-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Help needed

Well, I just bought some montec broadheads. They shoot about 5 inches to the left of what my fieldpoints do. Sometimes they even shoot low. I thought it was just me, so I mixed them up and shot both at the target.It isn't me, what do I do? Move my sight, so the broadheads are right on?

I've "spun" the arrow, and it doesn't wobble, what else do I need to check?

Thanks in advance.

I guess I could go back to my spitfire's.

FP
Old 11-02-2005, 11:01 AM

Default RE: Help needed

If your spitfires match your field points, I would definitely switch back. With the montecs, not only are you shooting 5in to the left, every once in a while they are low. That just doesn't sound good.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:02 AM

But, can it be fixed? There has to be something I'm not doing right.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:06 AM

I'm no expert, but for the time being I would personally switch back to what works for now, and then maybe contact your local archery shop to see if they have any suggestions. Cause hunting is approaching prime time, and you may not have time to figure things out with the montecs.

I'm not familiar with Montecs, I shoot muzzy 100gr and they match my field points perfectly.

My cousin's own an archery shop, and I'd ask them for you, but they are both on vacation (hunting) and out of reach.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

not familiar with the montecs but had the same problems with my muzzys..5 inch left and sumtimes low just like you...first i found my arrows were underspined so i bought some 2413 xx75's but still they werent shooting like my field points...people tried to teach my how to "tune them in" wich you can learn on the easton site but instead i went to gander mountain bought expandables and they hit dead center along with my fieldpoints...if i were you i'd switch back to mech. because all this tuning stuff frustrated me and i'm sure it'll frustrate you.... in my opinion get mechanicals that fly like your field points and you should be set..... GOOD LUCK
Old 11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would just adjust your sight, that's why they make them adjustable. 30 minutes and you should be good to go.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM

I agree with Motown..just adjust your sights and you will be good to go within an hour. When I switch from field points to my Muzzy's each year, they usually just shoot a little low(1-2 inches) and thats it.

vashadowhunter
Old 11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

i was gonna say move your sites first but i shoot for fun too during season with my friends and to keep moving the sites would be a hassle for me but yes good option also if ur not shooting fieldpoints otherwise

By the way i seen ur reply on my ohio buck post... u live in ohio or just hunt ohio ?... if so where at?