Community
Technical Help Post your technical questions here, such as those pertaining to posting, replying, images, etc. DO NOT POST HUNTING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!

Think I got hacked

Old 09-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

RR, the next time it happens can you post a screen shot in this thread? Ibobi can then give it to the techs and maybe they can get it fixed all the way. I know, PITA, but sometimes that's what they need to get it figured out.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Still happening. Grrr...
Old 09-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

I think I know the ad, and it has been a big headache. I'll see what can be done.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Having the same problem with that American Express ad. In fact it hit me just as I signed in. It only happens with IE. (I'm using IE 11.)

Thought we were the only ones having the problem.

It doesn't happen with Chrome. I know I'm a dinosaur using IE, but I like the layout better and IE runs just as fast if you click on "Safety" and then turn on "Active X Filtering."

By the way, the problem occurs whether or not we have Active X Filtering turned on.

Last edited by cr422; 09-18-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's been quite a long time since I used IE (Now called Microsoft Edge with the new Windows 10) but do they have good Ad Blockers for I.E.? That would probably solve your banner issues. I think AdBlock Plus has an app for IE. Try running that and see if it corrects your issues. Active X filters have nothing to do with Ad banners. Active X was Microsofts answer to "plugins". But active x created a big ole doorway for people to plug in malicious software into your system. So they created Active X filters to help weed out that problem (with little success). Part of why I.E. fell out of favor so far was because of the lack of security in it's browser functions. That and it makes Molasses look like a road runner. Supposidly Edge is more secure and just as fast as Chrome and Fox. Can't bring myself to test that theory though.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:58 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I earned another Jillion points with that add tonight thanks but the BACK button works for me....why only that one Add is what I want to know?

Chrome does not work for me......tp dang much crap came with it.

I also have been using I.E. far too long.

JW