Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Judge My Mount ... >

Judge My Mount ...

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Judge My Mount ...

Old 03-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Judge My Mount ...

*** NOTE*** I hope you guys take time to read all the pages here ...gets pretty funny!!!
StoneCold thank you for your remarks ...I am sure that some of the comments that I have made on this post might seem childish to some but my enitial question was " Please Judge My Mount" NOT Please Judge my Deer ... some of the RUDE remarks that were made just got my cackels up ... I did not nor did I expect everyone to give it a 10 BUT I would liked to have thought that if you ( not YOU StoneCold ) were not impressed by the job that was done on this buck and you wanted to give your opinion that one might have done it in a little more deplomatic way ... not just be down right rude ... I know the quality of the deer its self .. I am the one who pulled the trigger and for better or worse its MY deer ...all I was asking for was opinions about the mount ... I have since removed the pictures I posted ...its just not worth the hassle ...

Doc
Old 03-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Judge My Mount ...

gone
Old 03-25-2005, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

gone
Old 03-25-2005, 04:14 PM

first , let me say that is a great deer.congrats.
in my book,it looks great to me all around.like you said it is hard to look at a pic. and see all the fine lines and details.they look OK to me.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Ive known Brian Dobson for years. He does very good work, his wife runs a tight ship over there and keeps Brian real busy. Hes known well in western Canada as well as here in the states for his good work, decent price and manageable return time. Id say hes easily the best deer taxidermist in that region hands down.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:35 PM

looks alright. the deer itself is pretty nice but the mount isnt a quality job. at least not from the pictures
Old 04-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well "Buck" I'm sure the pictures do not do the mount OR the deer justice ... Brian Dibson the man that did the mount is a "Worlds" Champion" WT Deer Taxidermist.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a commercial mount, it looks very good, above average. Tough to see if it's competition quality without better pictures. But yes, it's a great looking mount. One to be proud of.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Joey thank you for you input ...I looked at your web page and you have done a very nice job on it and looks like your getting pretty good mounting yourself ...CONGRATS
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Whats the point of asking someone for their opinion, if you're just gonna shoot it down anyway? It is a beautiful deer and a nice mount but personally i'm sick of seeing pictures of this deer. There have to be atleast 100 on this site.

Quick Reply: Judge My Mount ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.