Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Judge My Mount ... >

Judge My Mount ...

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Judge My Mount ...

Old 04-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Judge My Mount ...

Recurve thank you very much for the compliment. I think that FATSBUCK is just a young guy and just does not realize that I have put in over 25 yrs deer hunting in Alabama and 4 trips to Canada to finally get a buck like this one. I am sure that by the time he is old enough to be a "GrandPa" that if he is lucky enough to take a "trophy" class buck he might appreciate ALL the time and hard work that I have had to put into this. I have posted the pics of this deer several times but not only because I was proud of it but because I enjoy seeing pictures of others trophy class bucks and finally can share one of my own.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doc, don't listen to him. That buck is one of the neatest I have ever seen. Heck, post another two or three hundred of him! The pic isn't the best but you can still see that it is a great quality mount, and hey, ANY pic is better than no pic. Post away my friend!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:10 PM

Let me see if this works...If it does, this is a pic of a mount I did for the Deerassic Park collection in Ohio.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:31 PM

That is a awesome mount BY!!
Old 04-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you Recurve ...guys like you are what make this forum worth while ... And Bill that is ONE AWSOME mount ... very nice ... I have a Bob Cat I would like to get a full mount of ...you want to give me a price?

Doc
Old 04-10-2005, 08:47 PM

Doc, I tend to be pricey, and my turn around time/waiting list is l-o-n-g. If you truly are interested in my cat work, feel free to contact me via phone, 585-637-2450. I believe if youre particularly fussy and are looking for excellent cat work, I wouldnt disappoint you.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Bill ..looks like you have MORE then enough work ...I will find someone to do it I just was not sure what to expect to pay .. I mean its just a Bobcat not a WT Deer or Bear ...

Doc
Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM

In my shop theres no such thing as just a bobcat, etc. One thing I learned long ago is that your bobcat is as important to you as someone elses deer, etc, is to them. My bocat prices start around $600 and go from there. You can find prices on cats starting as low as $300 I suppose. All depends on what youre after. Thanks for asking though!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you Bill I know you are an artist and I am sure your prices are WELL justified .. here is a pic of my son and the cat...its a beautiful healthy cat but the right sholder will need a little repair work ...

Doc

Old 04-16-2005, 12:44 PM

Thats one beautiful cat. We call them spotted up ones "mini-leopards" when theyre like that. Is it a Texas cat by any chance? I hope you do your homework on that mount, itd be a shame to not get a good job on such a nicely marked cat. Id say even if youre staying local, to get the best job you can.

Quick Reply: Judge My Mount ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.