" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 BILL YOX please judge my mount! >

BILL YOX please judge my mount!

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

BILL YOX please judge my mount!

Old 03-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Default BILL YOX please judge my mount!

i just finished a wyoming mule deer mount and would like to know what u think. thanks www.speedgoattaxidermy.com
Old 03-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BILL YOX please judge my mount!

Gee
Old 03-24-2005, 06:35 AM

I'm Not Bill Yox. But you did pick one of the best to have your mount judged. Also not to discourage you or anything. But It's really hard to judge a mount from a picture. One of the things I did noticed on your mount though. Is you need to work more on your eyes. The lashes should not be sticking straight out, but more or less on a 45 degree angle down. And the hair around the muzzle should have been groomed a little more. Other wise the mount looks pretty good. I'm sure Bill can give you a more detailed judging on your mount.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:02 AM

Manboy, Id be happy to look at your nice work. I do recall you having some comments for me a couple months back, though. Nice to see you not only edited, but moved on. Thank you.

I took a peek at the mulie, I thought it looked good. Id take a wild guess and figure either a Research or Bill Lancaster form? On big wide mulies like that, I often ask the customer if they dont mind the ears back and rotated, as those low main beams dont give much room for the ears out, or forward. Its always up to the customers request, of course.

Coyote caller made a couple good points. As a commercial piece you are doing as nice as most of the guys around me do, very clean attractive work. I couldnt comment on it as a high end competition or custom mount as this format doesnt allow that type of viewing. Id say you have a very happy customer waiting for you! What do you think were your strong points and weak points on the mount?

By the way, To dvdegeorge...you spelled "obsession" wrong on your post signature. Sorry, I have a bad habit of being able to proof read other peoples stuff, lol!
Old 03-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

By the way, To dvdegeorge...you spelled "obsession" wrong on your post signature. Sorry, I have a bad habit of being able to proof read other peoples stuff, lol!
Thanks Bill,spelling was never my strong suit,nor was typing.I have seen your work and it is impressive, your input is great to have on this board!
Old 03-24-2005, 09:21 PM

Isnt it funny how these boards can help smooth things out? In this one thread Ive encountered two seperate people, both of whom seem like cool cats, yet who once had less than nice things to say about me in other threads in these forums. Yet, over time, I see that opinions have changed. Im glad, as I dont like the negative we so often see in forums such as these. This site seems to have a good bunch of people in it.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:22 PM

Oh yes, and thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:06 PM

thanks for looking bill, i will have a caribou done soon, i will have a few pics. to show. thank you all for your time