Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
european mount question >

european mount question

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

european mount question

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by aaron_aa469
so i just soak it in soap and water? like a week or how long? do i have to scrub it? do i clean with borax and water too ( i heard you do this to clean it well)? i haven't dug it up yet, but do you think there will be an meat left on or in it? then i wrap with the 3% peroxide soaked rags and saran wrap? can i just soak in a pail, or will it do a better job, i have 5 bottles i picked up for a buck at the dollar store. i have never done or seen this before, any help will be appreciated.

will this work to degrease it and whiten it?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to the local walgreens and by peroxcide for 1.25 a bottle. It will bleach in 24hrs. Anyone who says this doesn't work doesn't know what they're talking about. When u dig it up I thik ur gonna have do some cleaning on it before you bleach it out. good luck.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

One of the previous posts mentioned Modge-Podge. When I did my first Euro mount a friend suggested it. I had no clue what it was! It's in the craft department at WalMart.

Good luck, and be sure to put up some pics for us!

PS... After you are done with your mount and hang it up, make sure your wife doesn't knock it down and let the nose break off of it... GRRR (didn't hurt so bad since it was HER first buck and not mine hehehe)

rw
Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default finishing touches

it worked really well just the top of the skull, the very bach and the edges of the eye sockets left, any tricks or tips for these parts, so as not to submerge the horns.