Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Recommendations for SE MN Taxidermist >

Recommendations for SE MN Taxidermist

Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Recommendations for SE MN Taxidermist

Old 07-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Spike

Default Recommendations for SE MN Taxidermist

Hey Members,

I am currently looking for your recommedations on a great taxidermist in SE Minnesota. If it just so happens that I am lucky enough to harvest a nice buck this fall, I want to be prepared and have a taxidermist already picked out! I would prefer it to be some place within an hour's drive of Rochester. Thanks for any advice!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I am further than an hour from you, but I can definately help you out.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Taxi

Check them out at www.taxidermy.net

Go to " Taxidermists" then pick "Minnesota". They all have websites so you will be able to look at their work, prices etc.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Spike

Go see Craig Christainson in Freeborn, MN. He's about 15 minutes north of Albert lea. He loves doing whitetails and is a master with them. He may not be the fastest guy around, but he is good.

Another guy who is real fast making a name for himself is Randy Tetrick in Lakeville, MN. TK Taxidermy. He's getting the work from most of the big display and exhibit men who show thier collections to 100K+ people a year. Guys like Jim Reimer use him, and displays such as Wild Whitetails have a bunch of his work on public display. That alone should tell you something about his quality. He's really worth the trip. Randy is a real hard worker and a good guy to work with. Tell him Dan Cole says hello. Here's one of mine from Randy.

Last edited by dc240nt; 07-20-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advice guys!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:48 AM
Spike

Default sold

I shipped my mule deer to Stuff it taxidermy in texas. They did an outstanding job and shipped back to me. I'd heard of them so I looked on the web. Texasstuffittaxidermy.com
They also book some awsome hunts