Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

$$ Price $$

Old 08-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: $$ Price $$

NC I am sure seeing as how you do this for a living you know better then I do however I still think $800.00 for a WT deer mount is to high ...this is a pic of a Tennessee 10pt I took last year ..the pedestalmount cost me $350.00 and was back to me in less then 45 days ..

dd

Old 08-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

one more

Old 08-20-2006, 05:27 PM

heres my jan06 buck, $290, got it back in 70 days, this guy had on display in his shop, some mounts from a contest in b'ham al. & they had ribbons hanging on their horn,before i pay over $350 for a w.t. i'll cut off the horns, heck thenthe wifewant have to keep it dusted. great looking buck DD, CONGRAT.

Old 08-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

One .. CONGRATS back atcha my friend ... nice buck where did you take him?

dd
Old 08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

DD - I only do this part time. Heck, I agree with you, I wouldn't pay $800, but I know of a few taxidermist that charge and get $650. I can't afford it, but they get it. Of the deer that I took in this past season, the longest took me 70 days to get back to the client. It is all about regions, in my region, the average is between $275 and $450. But they are as low as $165. The way I look at it, if you drive a $30,000 truck, shoot the deer with a $1000 gun and get it out with a $8000 four wheeler, why are you going cheap with something that is what you'll spend years looking at? I would rather drive a beat up truck, $350 gun and pull the deer out and spend the money on what is going to hang on my wall. IMHO. Every one has their limits, but we have all seen terrible looking mounts, I won't put out something that I wouldn't have on my wall.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Depends on how much you want your mount to look like an actual deer. For a sick burro with horns-$150.
For a lifelike, top quality mount with ALL the details- $800
Pick your price.
$800 ???? I would not pay $800 to have my MOTHER IN LAW mounted much less a deer .... more like $350 to $500

dd
Uh, my answer was to imply that there is a range of $150-$800 or more, and anywhere in between. Your mounts seem to fall right in the middle, so stop reacting like I'm zapping you with a lamp cord. There are elements to a mount that can be done in a simple fashion for the average customer or finished to intricate and exacting detail for those that want to pay for that level of craftsmanship. As long as you are happy with your mounts for the price you paid for them, all is good.A $350 mount can be quite good. I have one right now that I paid $250 for. For the money I paid for it, I am quite happy. As a student of taxidermy though, I can see things that are not done to the level of detail that I know they could be. But then again, I didn't pay the guy to put that on my mount. Please stop implying that taxidermists are not worth their salt. Next thing, you'll complain about how long they take. Like we haven't read that thread a million times!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on how much you want your mount to look like an actual deer. For a sick burro with horns-$150.
Pick your price.
$800 ???? I would not pay $800 to have my MOTHER IN LAW mounted much less a deer .... more like $350 to $500

dd
Please stop implying that taxidermists are not worth their salt. Next thing, you'll complain about how long they take. Like we haven't read that thread a million times!
Gee Livebucn take a chill pill Butch...did I say or imply that taxi's are not worth their salt??? I do not think they are brain surgons even though some charge like they are...if I haveimplyed this ANYWHERE please post the quote and I will appologise BUTif you can't stop trying to start a pissing battle ... as a member of this web site I have the right to voice my opinion just like you do ... and if I am NOT mistaking YOU do not own this site ...if you do then prove it and Ill find another place to hang out...
Old 08-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pick your price.

dd
Please stop implying that taxidermists are not worth their salt. Next thing, you'll complain about how long they take. Like we haven't read that thread a million times!
Gee Livebucn take a chill pill Butch...did I say or imply that taxi's are not worth their salt??? I do not think they are brain surgons even though some charge like they are...if I haveimplyed this ANYWHERE please post the quote and I will appologise BUTif you can't stop trying to start a pissing battle ... as a member of this web site I have the right to voice my opinion just like you do ... and if I am NOT mistaking YOU do not own this site ...if you do then prove it and Ill find another place to hang out...
Yikes Slick, got an axe to grind do ya?
The "salt" comment was more of a joke than anything. Taxidermists use alot of salt, hence the implied joke.
Pardon my imposition and good day to you!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pick your price.

dd
The "salt" comment was more of a joke than anything. Taxidermists use alot of salt, hence the implied joke.
Nope ..the only axe I would have to grind with you is if you tried to charge me $800.00 for a WT deer mount and tell me its going to take a year ...short of that I guess youran ok dude ..for a taxi...

dd
Old 08-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pick your price.

dd
Nope ..the only axe I would have to grind with you is if you tried to charge me $800.00 for a WT deer mount and tell me its going to take a year ...short of that I guess youran ok dude ..for a taxi...

dd
And there you have it.

Quick Reply: $$ Price $$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.