Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Need quality taxidermist in Houston area >

Need quality taxidermist in Houston area

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Need quality taxidermist in Houston area

Old 03-28-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Need quality taxidermist in Houston area

I will be going on a trophy red stag hunt in New Zealand next month and need a taxidermist in Houston who can do really quality work. Price is important, but is asecondary consideration.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need quality taxidermist in Houston area

rock - 2 things to try, first go to www.taxidermy.net and ask. Second, contact the taxidermy association in Texas and ask them. On the above website, there is a link to various associations, on the top of the page. Do yourself a favor and check into the taxidermist, physically go there and see his work, ask his recommendations on preperation, find out what measurements he wants of you. If you can leave there with the feeling that you made a friend and like his work, then you foundyour taxidermist.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

There use to be a guy in Bryan (yea I know its a couple of hours but good work is worth it). The name of the place was Palermo Taxidermy. I think the number is (979) 778-1020. Many years ago I had a bass in the lunker program here in Texas. The reception for us was at a taxidermy convention/show over in Waco. The work that he had there would blow your mind.

Good Luck.

-john
Old 03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

i use CD TAXIDERMY they do a great job and if u try ohter ther backed up for at least a year or so htere located in alvin i thats not far from houston i dont have website or number handy on me but sure its in the phone book hop that can help they have done family members mounts encluding a 2 bob cats and both turned out great