Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Doe euro mounts

Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default Doe euro mounts

I was wondering if any of you practiced on doe skulls before doing euro mounts on ur bucks. I thought this would be a great way to perfect the "defleshing"process w/o having to wry about damaging antlers. I shot a doe this season and i know exactly where the skull is laying in the woods, so i was goin to get it this wknd and try my hand at euro mounts. Is it gonna be more difficult bcuz the skull is almost 4 months old? Also, if any1 has any pics ofdoe euro mounts, i'd love to see them.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Doe euro mounts

ya can try these guys out.......................bob

http://www.skulltaxidermy.com./
Old 03-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any true does done yet. I was going to this year until the box I was holding them in got dug up by some critter and stolen. I was able to salvage the top of a button buck though. Thats a pretty neat looking mount. I also have a shed anter buck euro that I did last year. It was my first one so it was pretty rough. I've also done two other bucks and I thought they turned out pretty good. I've gotton better over time. I will hopefully geta doe to donext year.

Practicing is always good, but I don't think I would do a whole lot of skulls simply for the fact that I hate the smell. EverytimeI do one,I vow never to do another because I hate the smelly dirty work, but I love the end result so I just keep doing it.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:31 PM

Just about any skull is good for practice,before yo attempt a trophy buck.