Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

what a buck!

Old 02-19-2006, 05:50 PM

Default what a buck!

just what do you think of this deer! just thought i would share!

Old 02-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what a buck!

Mule deer horns on a whitetail cape.
Whats with the brisket?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:41 PM

it is a mule deer/ whitetail cross. it had a wt body with a muley tail. it was shot in 1988 in decker mt.
brisket? explain? thanks
and as for muley horns, it only has 1 fork on each side and is a very small fork. a cross just makes the horns that much bigger. useally there is not much muley show up in the horns, it is just part of the animal hide, tail or color. i thought it would give a good show for a cross. so many people have never seen them before!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 PM

Manboy, dont be offended by their questions...many in here are not as familiar with WT/mulie crosses, or that new form line for that matter. Im sure he onlyasked becausethe brisket and foreleg are present on that form. When I saw that rack, I figured thats what you had, the weak brows and the beam shape.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:37 PM

i didn't know what he meant by BRISKET, i thought he saw something i didn't!
after awhile it is hard to give each buck it's "own look". and to try to stay withen reason of the owner. as for the cross, just wanted to show it.
and bill what do you think. and be honest please. i have learned alot from you and others, and i am still learning. thanks all
Old 02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I asked about the brisket because in the pic there seems to be a distinct line or seam above the foreleg region. Maybe it is just the resolution of the pic that makes it look like a seam joining two pieces of hide together. Do you see what I see? a horizontal line across the brisket above the forelegs. Maybe that is a trait of mulies to have white tips on the hair there. I never reallystudied them enough to know.The resoulution on my screen makes it look drawn on from photoshop or something. I meant no offense.I like the mount, it looks really alive. The horns look a whole lot mulie to me with the mass and dark chocolate color.
Looks awesome.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:33 PM

livbucks,
no offense was taken, just wasn't sure what you were seeing. pic. was to dark, there is a seperation between the leg hairs, just can't see from pics. this cape was taken from a 2005 montana whitetail. the original buck had a reddish color summer cape. and was shot during rifle season. the reason for the skinny neck is the owner doesn't like the swell neck mounts. so to please him i used a 19" cape. i think it does need a 22" or bigger cape, but it is what the customer wants.
oh and the horn color, he was living in the plains right in the same area as muleys, so he rubbed lots of sage and ceder trees. as for the dark horn color.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:33 PM

THat is not a seam that is part of the brisket some deers have more hair than others in this area, it might show more on this deer as it is a cross, I mounted a few like that
Old 02-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

I believe that form is made by Revolution Taxidermy Supply in Hayward Wi.

Rich

http://www.rgswildlifetaxidermy.com
Old 02-20-2006, 06:26 AM

rg,
that is correct. first "hide and seek" form i have used. i have used thier last chance alot. i also bought their first made antelope form in the last chance. i will post pics. of that later.

Quick Reply: what a buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.