Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
Fun things to shoot at >

Fun things to shoot at

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Fun things to shoot at

Old 04-07-2010, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

I have never shot at them but i was there with my friend when he took out a recurve bow and shot at bird and killed them. Then went out with his compound and killed some more. I just carried the birds. This year imma shoot them with him.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

lets see, ive got so many lol. find a tree and tie a piece of string to it and a popcan to the end and set your target behind it shoot at it as it blows in the wind.

go to wally world and get some "daisy powerline clay pigeons" they are like 4 bucks for a box of 50 and they are about 2 inches wide. set em up on a 2x4 and shoot away

ping pong balls on a pond (might lose some arrows but if you put them by the bank youll be fine

tweety birds are the absolute best and it helps with stalking to! lol

find a place with lots of ground hogs whenever your driving around. farms are great because if you ask a farmer they will be more than happy to let you take some of those buggers out. weve shot them at as far as 76 yards. my longest is 63. lost of fun and if you can smack one of those in the head at 40,50,60 yards then you can go even farther with deer (iff your comfortable)
Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Gallon milk Jugs are fun to shoot at also.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Shooting water balloon (with no water) is great practice.blow them up to about the size of a small orange. I use some fishing line and hang it from the ceiling in the garage. The wind will blow it around pretty good if there is no wind i turn a fan on. I can hit them most of the time at 30 yards,if not poped it gets bumped out of the way (with field tips) broadheads will pop the balloon with the slightest touch.

My next Challenge is ground hog. land owner needs to get the population under control. So for I have taken out 8 and the longest shoot was at 27 yds. they are real good practice for moving slowly and getting the yardage right.
Attached Thumbnails Fun things to shoot at-hog-8.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Spike

I'm a longbow shooter and I find shooting swinging ping pong balls at 20-25 yds. pretty fun, as well as flour filled balloons too.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator

Print up some pictures, of your Mother in law.
And get rid of some frustrations, at the same time. lol
Old 05-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Spike

Old CD's and Gallon Jugs full of Water are fun to shoot especially with a shotgun lol
Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Spike

you can always skeet shoot with your bow, just dont do it with any arrow you use for hunting, or you can take up exebition shooting its a real chalange and its fun. all of these are fun and mature but i am a 14 year old pyromaniac so if you want so see something realy cool you can shoot disposable lighters with the gas valve glued down and a fire on, cans of spray paint, cans of hairspray with a lit disposable lighter ductaped on, or on a less explosiver note play bow golf in an open field. send me a message if u want to learn more about bow golf.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's what I shot at yesterday.. It was only at twenty yards.. I tried for three arrows, but all I did was bend the heck out of the mans size 10 ring.
IMAGE 367
Old 08-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

in college we hung a tennis from the rafters in the garage with toothfloss and get it swinging... other wise buy a half dozen judo tips and shoot everything. dont get the easton ones they suck and break. dont get the fancy G5 ones you cant penetrate squirrels,ducks, geese. other than that watch chris brackett's Arrow Affliction he has great ideas like pong balls on water, clays, etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.