Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 stabilizer question >

stabilizer question

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

stabilizer question

Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default stabilizer question

I have been bowhunting for a few years now, but this is my first year shooting in an indoor 3d league. The night I shoot about half the guys have hunting set-ups and half have target set-ups. I use my hunting rig because right now I think of this mostly as practice but maybe if I get more into it I'll look at a target rig in the future.

Anyway we shoot a28 target course with 12, 10, 8, 5 so a perfect score is 336. I have been shooting pretty well for one of the hunting rig guys averaging in the 260's. I didnt want to change my set-up much from hunting because I thought that if I get used to shooting one set-up it might actually throw me off when I get set-up for hunting. However adding a long stabilizer (maybe 24") seems like a pretty simple addition that might boost my scores a little. Can adding a long stabilizer cause me to have tweak my whole set-up or will it just hold my pin steadier? any input would help.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: stabilizer question

I'f you're shooting hunter class, you won't be able to shoot that long a stab... and if you're shooting Open class, you're putting yourself ata severe disadvantage from the rest of the guys using full-blown targets setups.