Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Are drop-away rests accurate... >

Are drop-away rests accurate...

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Are drop-away rests accurate...

Old 01-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Are drop-away rests accurate...

...enough for target, or no? I have a few different rests to choose from for the bow, but I'm wanting to hunt with it next year as well as shoot target with it this summer.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are drop-away rests accurate...

The Limb Driver and Whammy style are much better than most fallaways for targets.

I have A Whammy on both my bows.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks TFOX. I have a Hunter Ultra Rest drop-away, or fall-away, whichever is the proper reference. I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm thinking of getting into 3-D this summer to start working on my form. That's why I was curious. I want to do as good as my equipment will allow.

I was hoping a few more folks would chime in, but maybe there aren't as many people shooting these types of rests after all.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

You will probably never be as good as your equipment.The key is to make the equipment as forgiving to your flaws as possible.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been running a limb driver for 3D and hunting....no complaints here, solid rest.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to shoot some 3D Tourneys this year with my Ripcord.... I'm not worried about it, but we'll see how it goes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Drop aways are fine for target archery.

If you happen to be good enough to notice a significant difference between a blade type and a fall away then you need to enter some tournaments cause you will be bringing home one of the top prizes

In a target situation, I prefer a blade type (tuner) rest. Less moving parts and generally I don't have to worry about helical fletching so clearance is not really an issue.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 98Redline

Drop aways are fine for target archery.

If you happen to be good enough to notice a significant difference between a blade type and a fall away then you need to enter some tournaments cause you will be bringing home one of the top prizes

In a target situation, I prefer a blade type (tuner) rest. Less moving parts and generally I don't have to worry about helical fletching so clearance is not really an issue.

I can say without a doubt that I can tell a diference in the forgiveness between a fallaway and a spring steel rest,BUT,I have won more than a few tourneys.[8D]

I can also say that the Whammy is just as forgiving as any springsteel,maybe a touch more.I can see a springsteel launcher blade on a Whammy being a lethal combo.

I have shot a Trohy Taker rest with great results as well,but you have to make sure it doesn't drop to soon.This will put extra pressure on the cables so you must tune for it.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Trophy Takers are great all round rests...I personally shoot competition with an Arco Sports Spigarelli fallaway...with a Spott Hog Infinity as backup...and I hunt with a Ripcord.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a blade primarily but at the end of last year, I shot a Limbdriver. I hunt with a Limbdriver, and I set my hunting bow up as a target bow just for kicks and it worked out pretty good. The Limbdriver is an excellent rest.

Quick Reply: Are drop-away rests accurate...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.