Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Hard wall bows

Old 07-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hard wall bows

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: buckeye

In my hands Binaries IMO are a perfect blend of useable valley and no slop.
Which is probably indicated by the Corporate Staff

I personally have no issue shooting the binaries, or bows with little valley. Like I said, my target bow and hunting bow, both have little valley.

I guess my point is, I would consider the Binaries to have a short valley, and not think twice about it. Along with the PSE MF cam (the cam on my hunting bow). Spirals are the same way.
Dude, I say nothing that I do not mean... Read every post I ever made about BowTech or anything else... I am no fanboy. As I stated that is my opinion and I think I have earned it (my opinion) as I have ownedmore thantwice as many bows as you are years old....

Anyhow....

What I do not understand is how you are trying to say thecam systemhas a short valley when it is adjustable. Move the draw stop.... Now you have a big sloppy valley
Old 07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

In my hands Binaries IMO are a perfect blend of useable valley and no slop.
Which is probably indicated by the Corporate Staff

I personally have no issue shooting the binaries, or bows with little valley. Like I said, my target bow and hunting bow, both have little valley.

I guess my point is, I would consider the Binaries to have a short valley, and not think twice about it. Along with the PSE MF cam (the cam on my hunting bow). Spirals are the same way.
Dude, I say nothing that I do not mean... Read every post I ever made about BowTech or anything else... I am no fanboy. As I stated that is my opinion and I think I have earned it (my opinion) as I have ownedmore thantwice as many bows as you are years old....

Anyhow....

What I do not understand is how you are trying to say thecam systemhas a short valley when it is adjustable. Move the draw stop.... Now you have a big sloppy valley
My age shouldn't even be brought into this.

You are entitled to an opinion just like I am. I wasn't claiming you to be a fanboy. I'm just saying, your statement that I quoted, is why you are a Corporate staffer. Because it's the best bow you've had in your hands.

I
don't want a big sloppy valley, nor do I think you can just simply "adjust" it. If you are adjusting the draw stop, you are just merely adjusting the letoff. We aren't talking more letoff here, we're talking valley. At the Bowtech's 80% letoff (on most bows) the valley is relatively short. I'm honestly not sure how you can argue that. I'm not trying in anyway to bash Bowtech (I like the bows) but I'm just wanting to have a "friendly" debate here. Shots at my age, or getting defensive isn't the route I'm wanting this to go.

If you aren't considering the Binaries as a short valley, I guess there isn't a hybrid on the market with a short valley (other than the spirals). I'm NOT saying that there is ANYTHING wrong with a short valley, I'm just stating my perspective on this. For the record, I've shot these bows, and just about EVERY new bow this year. So, I'm not just pulling this out of thin air, and it's not from a lack of knowledge.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Easy there bud.. I wasn't taking a shot at your age but rather giving you an idea on how many bows I have owned... I figured you are 18ish... I know I have owned at least twice that many bows. I only have 10 or so years on you "kiddo"

If you are adjusting the draw stop, you are just merely adjusting the letoff. We aren't talking more letoff here, we're talking valley.
You are only partially correct here.... It does lengthen the valley saying other wise is foolish.... You are rotating the cam further past the draw force. There is no getting around it....

If one wanted more valley than was offeredwith the Binary cam's recommendeddraw stop setting... Lengthen it a touch... It may slightly increase let off (SLIGHTLY), as very little movement on the peg is needed for a big difference in feel. BowTech recommends not going more than 1/2 of a line adjustment either way. 1/2 a line is a huge difference in feel.

Honestly, I don't really recall hearing any one complain about lack of valley in the Binary system.

At the Bowtech's 80% letoff (on most bows) the valley is relatively short. I'm honestly not sure how you can argue that.
I am not arguing, I am telling you it does not feel short to me. Neither do most bows... Perhaps because I shoot a bow that is set up correctly and use proper form.

If you aren't considering the Binaries as a short valley, I guess there isn't a hybrid on the market with a short valley (other than the spirals).
I stated that in my hands the spirals are the only hard wall, short valley bows I have ever shot..... I didn't dislike that system per say, but I didn't like it either.
[/align]
Old 07-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

When a draw stop is moved,the draw length is changed.To me that isn't adjustable valley.Again,1 man's opinion.

I agree that the spiral has no valley but it is a 55% letoff.

I LOVE 65% letoff with a soft wall that is firm.Most probably have no clue what that means.I like to pull into my limbs and have some give there but I like the cam to hit a solid wall.Therefore,the short,parallel limb bows do not work well for me as far as target shooting is concerned.

I have not pulled a binary cam bow yet that I think has a forgiving valley.There is a reason that spot shooters use round wheel bows.Although that is changing a bit.

What you like is what you like but facts are facts.A short valley is a short valley and you can like it or not.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree that the spiral has no valley but it is a 55% letoff.
They are adjustable from 55-65% let off on the spirals

When a draw stop is moved,the draw length is changed.To me that isn't adjustable valley.Again,1 man's opinion.
It is so miniscule that you would be hard pressed to notice the difference. Also, I never claimed that the peg was designed to adjust valley, I said you can move it a little and it will add some slop to the end of your draw force [8D]

I have not pulled a binary cam bow yet that I think has a forgiving valley.There is a reason that spot shooters use round wheel bows.Although that is changing a bit.
I shot 300 rounds in the low 50's X count with an HC setup82nd airborne last winter

What you like is what you like but facts are facts.A short valley is a short valley and you can like it or not.
A short valley for you may not be a short valley for the next guy. I cannot understandyou trying to argue that. I don't like a soft / givingfeeling at full draw, you do... Different strokes for different folks

Off to bed, I have a shoot in the morning. Have a good one.
[/align]
Old 07-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Reality is definately onesperspective.Not arguing your perspective,didn't mean it to sound that way.

I don't recall any of the pros toing the line at Vegas with an 82nd airborne.Most didn't have round wheels either,they seem to go for something in the middle nowadays.

The Spiral would go to 65% by removing the peg(and increasing the draw length).I am not even sure it was designed to be shot that way,even though many did it.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Spiral would go to 65% by removing the peg(and increasing the draw length).I am not even sure it was designed to be shot that way,even though many did it.
This is incorrect. Spiral cam bows were shipped from the factory at 65% let off. There were four holes that the draw stop peg could be put into to change letoff... They came standard in the1st position (65% let off) and could be adjusteddown to 55% by using the 4th draw stop peg hole.Each peg hole was 1/8 inch in DL change. Lower let off being a shorter DL and higher let off being a longer DL.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you sure about that,I was thinking about getting one and all my research told me that to get a full 65% letoff,you had to remove the peg?

I am just going off memory so I can't and won't argue 1 way or the other.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

After some thought,I think removing the peg was what some did to give the spiral somewhat of a valley,not real sure what the letoff was.

Irrelevant really,didn't take me long to figure out it wasn't for me.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:43 PM

TFOX, How do you go about getting on hoyt's prostaff?

Quick Reply: Hard wall bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.