Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Got the job done (ASA) ***PICTURES NOW*** >

Got the job done (ASA) ***PICTURES NOW***

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Got the job done (ASA) ***PICTURES NOW***

Old 05-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Got the job done (ASA) ***PICTURES NOW***

Well I'm posting from my hotel room in London KY.

We had to shoot both of our round today. 20 at 8am and 20 at 3pm. As it turned out we ended up having to shoot known distance first which I wasn't happy about, and not to mention I only shot freakin 6 up. I figured that was terrible. We had to shoot high 12's. As it turned out I was 5th, even with shooting that poorly. I was 6 down of the leader.

This afternoon we had unknown, which I was pumped about and honestly more confident than the unknown. I smoked it for 10 up.

Ended the day with 416, 16up which should be decent. I'm hoping top 5.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:54 PM

Default RE: Got the job done (ASA)

I have no idea what you said, but it sounds like you kick some booty, congrats!!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go Matt. That score should be pretty good. That is definatly a top 5 score. Looking forward to shooting the Sims with you tomorrow. With the way you are shooting you will be moving on up to B or A.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

Way to go Matt. That score should be pretty good. That is definatly a top 5 score. Looking forward to shooting the Sims with you tomorrow. With the way you are shooting you will be moving on up to B or A.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to shoot with you or not. If I shoot it more than one time I might come find you.

I think we might be full up with our group of guys, but I want to shoot it more than once.

As far as moving up, we'll see, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I'd probably just move up to B. Our range was set REALLY long for our class. My first 5 targets, my slidebar didn't have anything below 35 on it.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

They stay on the long side for the most part. You can only win $400 or so in C before you have to move up. They will make sure of it.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good shooting,that should put you in the top 5.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

They stay on the long side for the most part. You can only win $400 or so in C before you have to move up. They will make sure of it.
If you win you're out.

I think it's like $300.

But I'm not very sure or worried about it.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Known distances at an ASA shoot? I've never heard of such a thing. That's just wrong!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Known distances at an ASA shoot? I've never heard of such a thing. That's just wrong!
LMAO, I just watched Tred Barta's show and they mentioned it, the new known distance format. I still say that's wrong. They trying to make it easier for everyone?
Old 06-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are having 20 known and 20 unknown.My quess is an attempt to boost participation.

If I'm not mistaken,the higher classes like Pro and semi still are all unknown,maybe even A but I couldn't find it in the rules.

You were sitting in 5th after the first round so my quess is you will move up considering you shot better on the 2nd round and it was unknown distances.

Quick Reply: Got the job done (ASA) ***PICTURES NOW***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.