Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 What's a "good" score for you? >

What's a "good" score for you?

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

What's a "good" score for you?

Old 04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What's a "good" score for you?

...on outdoor 3d's? Good is completely relative to the shooter, but what's a good score for you on an ASA style course? (12's not 11's)

For me:

Class: Open Money/Open Trophy (Big events , Open C)
Score: I feel that on most courses, if I come out "up" I got the job done. Of course that changes if it's a really easy/hard course.

I've shot way up and won, and shot as many as 20 down and won.The 20 down course was EXTREMELY difficult, and it was 40 targets. I won by 8pts lol.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's a "good" score for you?

I haven't shot any this year. But last year shot a 330 on a 40 target course highest score is 10. But this year I'm going to be shooting a completely different class much further distances and my shooting has improved allot. I'm hoping to get around 360.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to figure anything up good but now my shooting isn't anywhere near that strong and consider "even" GREAT and 90's good.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on the course. We have some really challenging courses around here that everyone is going to take a beating on.

We don't have a lot of ASA venues here, but I would say for the average coursewhen my game is polished and the bow is tuned well I am shooting 2-4 eights on a 30 target course, with 10-14 X-rings. This is from the open stakes with a 55 yard max. Most targets are usually 33-45 yards with a small handful over/under these numbers.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

on a forty target one i got a 236 and it was only my second tounrament and on a 30 i got a 143 and that was my first one i and i just started this year