Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Trophy Iowa Whitetail Hunt for Elk Hunt >

Trophy Iowa Whitetail Hunt for Elk Hunt

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Trophy Iowa Whitetail Hunt for Elk Hunt

Old 01-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Spike

Default Trophy Iowa Whitetail Hunt for Elk Hunt

I am looking to trade whitetail hunts on our family farm in SE Iowa for an elk hunt on private ground in any Western State. Our ground is intensely managed with large food plots, hunting towers/blinds, tree stands, ground blinds etc. You would stay in our very comfortable two bedroom cabin and get meals and all of the drinks you'd like. This is an area that can produce 200" deer and our family doesn't shoot anything under 160". You could hunt archery, shotgun, or muzzleloader seasons.

Our hunting group (4) has over 40 years of elk hunting experience but we're getting frustrated with some of the public land hunting in Colorado. We wouldn't be looking to shoot all trophy bulls, but would love the chance to get into some archery elk and have a chance at a bull or two but we'd like to hunt cows as well.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send many more pictures of our deer, cabin, and land. The picture attached is from 2006 and we've added about two large bucks a year to this wall since then.

Thanks
-Chad
Attached Thumbnails Trophy Iowa Whitetail Hunt for Elk Hunt-deer-wall.jpg  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some nice looking bucks you have there. What is your definition of a trophy bull? It might help out in you finding a swap.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Spike

Actually we wouldn't really need to necessarily hunt for trophy bulls, but if one were to show itself we'd like to be able to shoot it without paying a large fee. For us a trophy would be a mature bull even if it is a 5 point.

Really all we are looking for is a place to hunt where we have a good chance to be in elk. We wouldn't really need a full guided hunt or anything like that. We would just like access and maybe a point in the right direction or help packing animals out if we were able to get something killed.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:32 PM
Spike

Chad:

I can point you to some to some potential good elk spots here in Idaho where I have chased good bulls in the past. All public land in a bueatiful alpine area. It is OTC for archery but draw for rifle. You would need to be in decent shape. I can also get you a lion hunt wiht houds here in north Idaho and maybe even a wolf trapping run.

I have hunted Iowa twice since 2011 and totally addicted to your whitetials. We (2-4 hunters) plan to come again in 2017 whe we have enough points. If interested in a swap drop me a line at [email protected]