Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Roe deer, driven pheasants >

Roe deer, driven pheasants

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Roe deer, driven pheasants

Old 07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Spike

Default Roe deer, driven pheasants

I live on a sporting estate in the Scottish Borders, that has driven pheasants in the traditional way of 8 or so guns on pegs shooting anything from 150 to 400 birds. Most folk are dressed in their tweed suits etc. All very British!

We also have fantastic salmon fishing, plenty of roe deer, a mass of hares and some first class duck flights for mallard, teal, wigeon, the odd tufted and often greylag / canada geese. There is plenty of game here and we are unrestricted by licences or qoutas other than having open or close seasons. We can shoot as little or as much as we would like.

I am interested in swapping an experience of the various game we have (I can organise fallow, sika and red deer stalking in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands for a price us locals would be happy to pay in addition to your trip). Will consider most things, most places, though I am particularly interested in alligators.

You'd stay, eat and drink with me as any of my friends would, and hopefully we'd have some good fun swapping hunting yarns! No money involved - just hoping for the same in return. Will supply all that you don't bring such as boots or guns.

Anyone interested?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

I have been making swap hunts here for many years.I love to hunt new places and make new friends. I have met some great people and made some great new friends doing this. I would love to do some more swap hunts in Europe. I have made 2 so far and hope there more to come. I will do swap hunts in the USA too. My wife comes with me but she does not, she just loves the adventure. I have over 1,1000 private acres to hunt on in the Catskill mountains of New York. My home is about a 2 hour drive to New York city if you think you would like to visit there. The train goes there and the train station is just 6 minutes from my home. My hunting camp is a 45 minute drive from my home nothing fancy but real cozy. The airport is only 20 minutes away. I hunt free range , fair chase so i can not promise you a kill but i can promise you a good time with great people. The only thing that would cost you is the fee for a NY hunting license. I will provide everything else, even a gun to use if you need. I hunt deer and bear in the fall and turkey in the spring. We can hunt small game too if you wish. Let me know what you have , I'm open to almost everything. looking forward to hearing from you