Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Old 12-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Spike

Default RE: .

Rude would be what I was going to say.

So rather than reply with a statement that I knew would offend based on the replies I received.....I deleted all of my post.

I no longer needed assistance with my question. Not that I was receiving any from the members who posted.

When someone ask a simple question. They would like a answer to THAT question. I didn't ask an opinion on other topics, so don't offer it.

In other words, if you can't say anything positive...... Keep your opinions to yourself. I didn't ask what color of dog YOU thought I should get. I didn't ask how to select a good pup. I asked if anyone knew of breeders in my area with liver pups. PERIOD!

Oviously nobody did. I found several and didn't see any reason to keep my topic live only to receive opinions on how I should select MY dog.

The fact that this popular breed has been around for hundreds of years means I should be able to find a good GSP in any AKC color I like.

PS: when somebody post a new topic and the first couple replies are negative. It's sometimes hard for people to think clearly about what the original question was rather than reply in another negative way the same as the previous members did. It's like monkey see, monkey do......

This is the last reply I will make regaurding this. Topic was deleted.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:40 PM

IMO, the forum is like a conversation. It progresses and developes as people add to it. While this topic has gone down hill, I stand by "deleteing a previouse post detrackes from the usefulness of the forum to others." You may not like what other people say in reply to a posted topic, I have read alot of things I didn't agree with. of course now that the only thing in the topic is "." it is about what ever anyone wants to post in it. Stkshooter, you got a little overly worked up about this whole thing. I hope you do find what you are looking for and it sounds like you are on the right track! GSP's are great dogs!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 PM

Wow... sensitive aren't we!!! I don't really see anything that you should be offended by? Nobody was able to help you find a liver dog in your area, but many people did give you their opinion about you wanting to buy a dog strictly for it's color as your post had indicated.

I will answer the question to your original post....

NO, I DON'T KNOW ANY BREEDERS THAT HAVE LIVER DOGS... PROBABLY BECAUSE ALL OF THE BREEDERS I KNOW BREED FOR THE PERSONALITY AND HUNTING DRIVE OF THE DOG AND NOT THE COLOR... All of the GSP breeders that I know, breed hunting stock! I can't really say i've ever seen an all liver dog at any of the field trials in Michigan at least, but good luck with your search!

Enjoy your new dog!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:24 AM

Wow...bad time of the month? Nobody even said anything that I would consider to be even REMOTELY rude or negative. The only thing worse than rude people are those who take offense to everything people say, so you're always walking on eggshells around them.

There, now you have a negative post to justify your complaining. Congrats.