Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Spike

Default .

Old 12-15-2004, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Wanted! German shorthair pointer "Liver" color

"We live in FL and the better half doesn't want the standard color"

Color should be last thing you worry about in a huntying dog[:-]
Old 12-15-2004, 05:09 PM

I agree, don't let the color of the dog sway you away from some good dogs. Take a look at these galleries and check out the variey gsp's... My Better half was trying to do the same to me... i told her i really didn't care what the dog looked like, we're getting a dog from good stock and if it is healthy and has a good temperment, we are getting it, regardless of the color.

Check out this site: VersatileDogs.com
Old 12-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Spike

Default .

Old 12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Spike

Default .

Old 12-15-2004, 08:12 PM

Get what you want by all means. On the other hand, if you find everything you want in a particular breeding except color, it don't matter what you bring home. When you wife sees those floppy ears and colt-like legs, she is gonna forget all about color. Just don't let come when you get the pup. Also, don't let your KIDS name the dog either, unless you want to be yelling "LIttle Missy Miss -- HERE!"

On second thought, maybe you should let your kids name the dog. Your hunting partners might have alot of fun with it.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Spike

Default .

Old 12-16-2004, 09:05 PM

I have to take a little offence to post AlaskaMagnum. My liver with ticking on her chest GSP is named Missy! LOL None of my buddies make fun. Of course they wouldn't dare. only one of the other guys in our group has a dog and both do rather good!

All kiding aside I picked up my dog from a breeder after a guy had bought her and she was about 1 and 1/2 yrs old. The guy returned her to the breeder because he had too many dogs and needed the kennel space! Therefore I didn't get to have a say in her name as she was already named. I know a lot of guys say you can change her name and she will get used to it but frankly I quite enjoyed not having to think something up.

As for the original post here. I am from Iowa and anyone I could tell you about is going to be a bit out of your way for getting your pup. And While I would have to agree color should be the last of concerns when it comes to picking a pup I can understand the possition you are in. Trying to apease everyone in the family can be difficult! Good luck on your search for what you want!
Old 12-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Spike

Default .

Thanks, but I have found what I needed.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:25 AM

Default RE: .

when you go back and edit your post to remove the things you have posted it detracks from the usefulness of the forum and frankly is kinda rude!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.