Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

BuddysMom

Old 10-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BuddysMom

ORIGINAL: Doc E

Does this mean you let your dogs "run free"?
Has anyone noticed that "BudysMom" hasn't responded [][:'(]
Old 10-29-2004, 09:02 AM

Maybe she left her dog alone in the house and he ate her computer.[]
Old 10-29-2004, 01:05 PM

Don't tell my two Chessies this! They are both inside dogs, sleep in the bed with my wife and I and wouldn't have it any other way. Exercise? We hunt in excess of 100 days a season and the only time they're not "working" is March 1 to the second week in June. My dogs are lap dogs, couch dogs, follow you to the bathroom dogs and very spoiled. Saying that dogs should be kenneled, housed or kept in a run is to err. It comes down to the individual dog and the owner, and in my case, the dogs are MY owner.

Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm sure everyone here feels the same with their own situation.

I agree. I guess to each his/her own. I just don't believe that some of Doc E's answers are correct for everyone, yet he gives everyone the same answer. Once again, to each his/her own. You guys can chill with it now.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:08 PM

Maybe she left her dog alone in the house and he ate her computer.
Nope, but I have been busy with more important, like finishing my degree in school... stuff that really matters in the long run. Now that I have some spare time, I can return and reply.... thanks for the smart-%&# comment though.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:15 PM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doc E

Does this mean you let your dogs "run free"?

Has anyone noticed that "BudysMom" hasn't responded
My dogs get all the space they need. when they want to go outside, they go outside...when they want to be inside, they come inside. they are diciplined when they do something wrong, but I have found that if you do not try to make them into perfect little "robots" with all your theories and confinements, they turn out to be happier dogs. my dogs don't pace while I'm gone, they relax and sleep and eat. And most of the time, they aren't at home alone. They go with me everywhere except school, and I am only there about 3 hrs a day. I let them run free within the boundries of a rice field or a bean field, or the entire farm whenever they want, because they always come home where they are understood and taken care of, and happy. And when I want them home, all I have to do is call for them. My dogs are treated better than most children, and I love them like they are my sons, and I would never put my actual son in a kennel run or anything confining like that.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:34 PM

Come on now! I'm just teasing you... all in good fun. I remember when I was getting my degree in the 90's. It was the best 4 years I ever spent for 6 years. That is when I got my 1st Chessie. i lived off campus and rode a bike to my classes. Susie [my dog] went with me to all of my 1 hour classes. She sat, unleashed, at my bike and never bothered a soul. Sometimes I would take her to lunch downtown and they actually let her in the place. She sat on a stool and would get a bowl of water and some milkbones while I got my sandwich. True story. her trouble with being inside is that she gets too hot. To each their own is right. My son has his own room and I don't keep him in a kennel. If I lived on a large farm perhaps a kennel wouldn't be neccessary but with only 1.5 acres at the house and a road so close the kennel is the choice. We go to a farm most nights and get a good walk in and she swims in the river. I don't think of her as a robot but she is very business like when it comes to hunting. No e-collars or harsh words needed. All she needs is for me to show her what needs to get done and she's overjoyed to give it her best. Thats more than I can ask for and alot more than what I get from the day to day world of people i deal with everyday. What's that old saying "The more people I meet the more I like DOGS"
Old 10-29-2004, 01:55 PM

[quote]Come on now! I'm just teasing you... all in good fun.

Its all good. That's funny about you going to school with your dog, though. If I didn't have to go so far, I would probably take mine.... and I am a little afraid mine would end up getting jacked!! Then I would have to kill someone. Take my husband, but don't take my dog!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. I let them run free within the boundries of a rice field or a bean field, or the entire farm whenever they want, because they always come home where they are understood and taken care of, and happy. And when I want them home, all I have to do is call for them.

2. My dogs are treated better than most children, and I love them like they are my sons, and I would never put my actual son in a kennel run or anything confining like that.
1. What makes the boundaries? Fence? Or what? What do you do to keep an intact male in the boundaries when he smells a female in heat a quarter mile away? What do you do to keep the big mean Rottie from down the road from coming in and eating your dog for lunch?

2. When your son becomes a teenager, will you just "let him run free"?

If you can train a Male Dog to not go to the aroma of a Female that is in heat, you don't need a College Degree -- Just open a business in doing so

BTW, Good Luck with school (I honestly mean that).
Old 10-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddysMom

Doc E ........gives everyone the same answer.
Oh Really ?[:-][]
Old 11-01-2004, 07:07 AM
Spike

Folks lets not have our differences get to the point of a wizzin contest.The ole saying "different strokes for different folks".We all have different views on the things we do and believe in but lets not get into arguements over our personal views.I think this has gone far enough and would please ask we move on.Thanks,Take care,Jackson..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.