HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BuddysMom
Thread: BuddysMom
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Roost em 1st

Default RE: BuddysMom

Come on now! I'm just teasing you... all in good fun. I remember when I was getting my degree in the 90's. It was the best 4 years I ever spent for 6 years. That is when I got my 1st Chessie. i lived off campus and rode a bike to my classes. Susie [my dog] went with me to all of my 1 hour classes. She sat, unleashed, at my bike and never bothered a soul. Sometimes I would take her to lunch downtown and they actually let her in the place. She sat on a stool and would get a bowl of water and some milkbones while I got my sandwich. True story. her trouble with being inside is that she gets too hot. To each their own is right. My son has his own room and I don't keep him in a kennel. If I lived on a large farm perhaps a kennel wouldn't be neccessary but with only 1.5 acres at the house and a road so close the kennel is the choice. We go to a farm most nights and get a good walk in and she swims in the river. I don't think of her as a robot but she is very business like when it comes to hunting. No e-collars or harsh words needed. All she needs is for me to show her what needs to get done and she's overjoyed to give it her best. Thats more than I can ask for and alot more than what I get from the day to day world of people i deal with everyday. What's that old saying "The more people I meet the more I like DOGS"