Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Pointing Labs

Old 07-20-2004, 07:42 PM

Default Pointing Labs

I have a reg. yellow lab (male). and i am interested in getting a pointing lab (female). I see that a lot of people here have them, and i was wondering what breeder you purchased yours from, and how much they usually run (price). From what i can see, somewhere between 700-1000 is common.

thanks,
Greenhead.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pointing Labs

I got Casey from Black Forest Kennels in Colorado. Black Forest has more Grand Masters (breeding stock) than any other kennel. They are at www.pointinglabrador.com

GOOD PLs are awesome, but they ain't cheap.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:43 PM

Lol, i also want a pointing lab. I have looked at the black forest kennels, and i wasn't quite as impressed with its program and dogs, as i was of some others.

How/what made you choose them?
Old 07-21-2004, 01:19 PM

I got mine for $1200 at www.aspengundogs.com they are in Holyoke, Colorado. Superior genetics come from there. They also have vizlas and a type of spanish pointer.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:42 PM

If you are interested in a dog that points,my advice is get a pointing breed.If you really must have a lab, check these folks out:

www.ptcnet.net/tlclabs
Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mid Plains

If you are interested in a dog that points,my advice is get a pointing breed.If you really must have a lab, check these folks out:

www.ptcnet.net/tlclabs
If a guy wants only one dog -- and he wants a good retriever and he wants a good pointer, then there are only a couple choices.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:56 PM

Greenhead, I will p.m. you. I found a good breeder, and I have already placed my down payment.
Old 07-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

Lol, i also want a pointing lab. I have looked at the black forest kennels, and i wasn't quite as impressed with its program and dogs, as i was of some others.

How/what made you choose them?

Not impressed? They have more GMPRs than any other kennel. What didn't impress you about their "program or dogs"? What kennel impressed you more? And why?
Old 07-22-2004, 10:40 PM

Why pay that kind of money for a novelty dog? A good traditional gsp, or wirehaired pointer will do everything a PL will do and cost you a fraction of the cost.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AlaskaMagnum

Why pay that kind of money for a novelty dog? A good traditional gsp, or wirehaired pointer will do everything a PL will do and cost you a fraction of the cost.
A GWP definitely comes close - but a GSP? I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking GSPs (I love 'em), but breaking ice, big water, sub-zero temps while sitting in the blind, etc. - - - - - ?

Quick Reply: Pointing Labs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.