Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

No Dice

Old 11-11-2003, 02:51 PM

Default No Dice

I breed my golden a while back and wittnessed the process atleast 10 times, however, she did not get pregnant. Seemed pretty strange to me but I thought I' d ask to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I did have her x-rayed a couple monthr prior for OFA certification. A female does not carry eggs that early before her season does she?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:19 PM

Default RE: No Dice

It happens occasionally. When she comes into heat again, breed her with a proven male. If she doesn' t take that time, get a vaginal cytology performed by your vet.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:29 AM

Default RE: No Dice

Thank you wvvet,

The male was proven by the way. We' ll try again next time. The funny part is I had begun to give her all the dogfood she wanted, two boiled eggs and two vitamins a day. She gained lots of weight. I thought she was pregnant all the way up until the point when she should have been producing milk.

Now she' s on a diet!