Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Anyone have experience with the black mouth cur dogs >

Anyone have experience with the black mouth cur dogs

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Anyone have experience with the black mouth cur dogs

Old 06-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default Anyone have experience with the black mouth cur dogs

Ok I have been doing some research for a new pair of verim hunting dogs which means coon bobcats and coyotes and the black mouth cur is one I have been interested in talked to a few people that say they are great for coon and bobcats but it seems to be 50/50 on coyotes with the hang up being if they have the speed to catch something​like a coyote in heavy cover so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them and with running stock hounds how would you say they do next to a hound on speed
Old 09-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bmc

Originally Posted by Kyboy88
Ok I have been doing some research for a new pair of verim hunting dogs which means coon bobcats and coyotes and the black mouth cur is one I have been interested in talked to a few people that say they are great for coon and bobcats but it seems to be 50/50 on coyotes with the hang up being if they have the speed to catch something​like a coyote in heavy cover so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them and with running stock hounds how would you say they do next to a hound on speed
Go to u tube and enter BMC/Coyote decoying hunt. You will see. I have a 6 mo male BMC now that we are working with to decoy coyotes . I learned the Ladner Cur was the preferred one for coyotes. They are a smaller dog. Ours will get to about 90 pounds. Smart dog and dominate. They will keep you on you toes to hunt or exercise. Beautiful dog red in color. we will see.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Spike

Well Old Yeller looked like one awesome dog and he was a black mouth cur!