Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Best breed under 25lbs?

Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Spike

There are other breeds that you can look into, there's also the Jagdterrier, Cocker Spaniel, Jack Russell Terrier, Beagle, Boykin Spaniel, just to name a few.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Spike

Hello sir , i am aardhond from holland owner and worker of 8 patterdales or how i like to call them fell terriers or black dogs ,
For you as a beginner in ground work i would advice NOT a patterdale cuz thos dogs like to be clouse and personal whit there game wish can create allot of damage , the blacks are made to stay untill dug to so wish mean that you need a locator system like those from bellmann&fling from the uk and some good shovels google on king of spades garden tools and those are the best imo
If you dont like to dig dont go for earthwork , there is another style of hunting in the usa wish is barn hunting for coons , never did it myself but from people i know i heard that its a blast , as for more info you can join the vargy coyote board ,,,or the hunting life

2of my black dogs bred by ronny cloot from belgium

Nuttalls tyke bred by mr nuttall from the uk

Good luck and hunt safe
Old 12-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by grumpylilmoose
Squirrel / rabbit / fox...
I wouldn't mind eventually hunting water fowl, and bigger game in a year or two.
For these three would suggest a terrier. For waterfowl a springer spaniel or a lab. I have owned springer's and they are great dogs.
Terriers also make good bird and rabbit dogs.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Spike

Fiest is my personal opinion for squirrel rabbit is without a doubt a beagle and fox i have no clue. I would get a beagle probably but its gonna take time because dogs dont just come along that hunt everything u tell them too. Its gonna be extremely hard to find a dog like you want.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Spike

A fiest will make a good pet in your apartment once he's house trained.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

mastiff or miniature great danes!

last post months ago

yo OP what ya get

Last edited by Tundra10; 01-04-2014 at 10:00 PM.