Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Puppys Baby Teeth, HELP! >

Puppys Baby Teeth, HELP!

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Puppys Baby Teeth, HELP!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Puppys Baby Teeth, HELP!

First off I'd like to thank all of you that helped with my puppys training. At 4 months old he will retrieve my blanks out to 30 plus yards. Right now hes teething so I stopped retrieve training and have been working on obedience... he sits now... ha ha.
Anyhow, here's my question. I checked his mouth today to see the progress of the teeth and to make sure all was was well. I noticed that back towards his molars at the roof of the mouth and up against the teeth there are some holes surrounded by yellowish colored skin. Is this normal with the loss of teeth or is it something I should see my vet over?!?!?

Oh, I guess I should add.... Hes a black lab. Not AKC registered but both parents were labs. I feed him exclusively purina puppy chow but he does get into other stuff when opportunity arrises. About a week ago he did get a hold of one of my crank baits but only got hooked in the tip of his lip.