Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS*** >

***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Old 08-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Nelson Lafon confirmed the actual hunting dog owners numbers, same as Bob Duncan. I get more info from actual license sold.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

I just found this post and I had to put my two cents worth in. I am a big pheasant hunter (yellow Lab), deer hunter, and I love running coon, coyotes, and bear with hounds. I can't believe that there are people that don't understand that this isn't a hound hunting vs stand hunting issue, but a hunting issue!!! If you let these morons get the door open a crack with hound hunting what will stop them from moving to stand hunting. We don't run deer with hounds here in wisconsin but that doesn't make it wrong. I just think that some of you guys have to actually realize that peta and the hsus have more money than us and as soon as they get the ball rolling on stopping any sort of hunting there's no telling where it's going to stop. And its the errogance of the people that think that nobody could possibly take our hunting (and fishing for that matter) rights away that are going to ignore issues like this and ruin it for everyone else.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jessejmc1979

I just found this post and I had to put my two cents worth in. I am a big pheasant hunter (yellow Lab), deer hunter, and I love running coon, coyotes, and bear with hounds. I can't believe that there are people that don't understand that this isn't a hound hunting vs stand hunting issue, but a hunting issue!!! If you let these morons get the door open a crack with hound hunting what will stop them from moving to stand hunting. We don't run deer with hounds here in wisconsin but that doesn't make it wrong. I just think that some of you guys have to actually realize that peta and the hsus have more money than us and as soon as they get the ball rolling on stopping any sort of hunting there's no telling where it's going to stop. And its the errogance of the people that think that nobody could possibly take our hunting (and fishing for that matter) rights away that are going to ignore issues like this and ruin it for everyone else.
Not true. They have no hounds for deer west of the Blue Ridge and there is no threat to other forms of hunting in that part of the state. All hunting is alive and doing very well out there as it has been. This "the end is near" line is just a poorly executed sensationalism attempt to keep doing what the doggers have been doing. Most see right through it.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bigg, according to your own words, the banning ofhound huntingin westernVirginia is now being used as somewhat of a justification for"regulating" hound hunting in the rest of the state. So, you have refuted your own point that it is not a slippery slope when bans and "modifications" are implemented. Thanks for helping us out on that issue.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Bigg, according to your own words, the banning ofhound huntingin westernVirginia is now being used as somewhat of a justification for"regulating" hound hunting in the rest of the state. So, you have refuted your own point that it is not a slippery slope when bans and "modifications" are implemented. Thanks for helping us out on that issue.
Hunting with hounds is allowed in Western VA, just not for deer.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, for now it is only deer hounds. I thought that was already clearly understood. But that just further makes my point about banning of one style of hound hunting in one part of the state being used as a justification by someone who is arguing for "regulation" of the practice in another area of the state. Thanks for helping to clear things up even further.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

bigg I don't even know why we are trying to get this thru to you but, it is a snowball effect. And you are going to be awefully shocked when they are going after stand hunting for whatever reason peta or hsus can get people like you to believe. Just because it doesn't effect you now doesn't mean that it never will. You are letting your emotions get in the way of your logical thinking and its people like you that are going to eventually end the way of life all of us on this forum love.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, i think that PETA has already been involved in some sort of effort to attack bowhunting in Virginia. Can't remember the details, but I know that i came across reference to it on their site.You can expect stuff like that to happen when hunters are too busy bashng their fellow hunters to recognize the dangers from the outside.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

You're absolutely right. It's so frustrating when people sing the praises of hunting, and then start bashing something just because they don't do it. All we can do is hope there's more of us that "get it" than don't. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Actually, i think that PETA has already been involved in some sort of effort to attack bowhunting in Virginia. Can't remember the details, but I know that i came across reference to it on their site.You can expect stuff like that to happen when hunters are too busy bashng their fellow hunters to recognize the dangers from the outside.
PETA and HUSU are going to oppose and attack any form of hunting, that's expected.

The VHDA was happy to stand with PETA and HUSU to oppose lifting the ban on Sunday hunting in VA(slippery slope?), but it's different when those groups go after them.

Quick Reply: ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.