Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS*** >

***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Well, then i guess that i have beenrunning deer illegallywith beagles all my life because there have been plenty of times that we went into a creek bottom on one end and deer eventually came running out on the other side ahead of the dogs. I guess that southern Illinois rabbit hunting is in dire need of reform because of that.You fellas crack me up.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Lanse is right. some on here are useless to talk too.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

Lanse is right. some on here are useless to talk too.
That's why the survey was started. Talking was useless.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Do you?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:14 PM

And some people miss the point......running dogs out of season is illegal, and many dog owners in this area do it daily, the laws are already there, it's up to dog owners to obey... bottom line is, If a man wants to hunt on his property in Oct for deer with a bow and someone's dogs are running deer through the property, then that guy's rights have been infringed upon....right or wrong Hokie and Lanse??? No man should have to deal with that. point blank, plain and simple and you guys want to defend the illegal acts that go on here, then yall will be sorry when dog huntingis gone.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

If the hound hunter carried a weapon with him. if the hound hunter continued the hunt on landowners property yes it is illegal. butif the hound hunter without a rifle goes and retrieves his dog from the landowners land and leaves while deer hound season is inhe is ok. I don't condone illegal hunting by anyone.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

If the hound hunter carried a weapon with him. if the hound hunter continued the hunt on landowners property yes it is illegal. butif the hound hunter without a rifle goes and retrieves his dog from the landowners land and leaves while deer hound season is inhe is ok. I don't condone illegal hunting by anyone.
He specifically asked about illegal training and the rights of a land owner. Care to comment on the question and not try to shift it to something else? This is not a what if. Lets take the admitted 10 years of illegal training by your new friend JH. Was it right or wrong?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Rick I thought I made it clear I don't condone illegal hunting. I am not going down this road because we've already discussed it and you don't understand nothing but your version of the law. You are still bringing up JH and his club you need to confront him or get over it and get along with your life.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Rick I thought I made it clear I don't condone illegal hunting. I am not going down this road because we've already discussed it and you don't understand nothing but your version of the law. You are still bringing up JH and his club you need to confront him or get over it and get along with your life.
Well then how do you propose you stop or eliminate the fox hunting loophole? I've confronted JH on another forum. He basically said the SAC knew and it was no big deal. Funny the post on speedogs has been removed along with some others. I can only imagine why the rest of SAC didn't care. Well at least the 10 or whatever number of hound hunters they have on it. JH, there's nothing to get over on it. It's used as the best example there is out there. Here you have a guy that's supposed to be fixing the problem and he is the problem and thinks nothing of it. His other friends helping him fix it feel the same too. And you wonder why the process is going nowhere? Unless the doggers realistically look at the issues and admit there are problems and come up with a working fix that can be enforced they're going to have it done for them. The VT people see the denial so don't think the dance around the issues game is going to fly. Next year you can look back and say you had your chance. Look at other states and see what happened there. You think VA has some immunity? Better think again.

How was the public meeting last night? Live version of the forums?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Rick the laws don't need changing they need enforcing. the meeting was ok had many bear hunters there and no landowners or anti's. we told them like it was ( need to enforce the current laws ) and it was done.

Quick Reply: ***URGENT VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG OWNERS***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.