Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Cold Water Tail --- Limp Tail >

Cold Water Tail --- Limp Tail

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Cold Water Tail --- Limp Tail

Old 08-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cold Water Tail --- Limp Tail

This was posted over on the Refuge Gun Dog Forum yesterday. Pretty cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally a prevenative against limp tail (thanks Doc E) [/align][hr]

Every year we go to the outer banks for vacation and every year my dog gets limp tail ( cold tail) within the first couple of days, and he is misserable the rest of the trip. He swims all day every day and gets a ton of fun bumpers. This year he never got it. I bought a bottle of DOC E's Ayur-bosswellia serrata and gave him a prevenitve dose of two pills twice a day with food. And it worked like a charm. So anyone who has a dog that is prone to this painful injury like mine pick up a bottle of doc's stuff. I also give my dog his glucosomine pills and he has no problems. Thanks Doc for another great product, you made my vacation better for me and the dog.[/align][/align][/align].[/align]
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For mez

Although this isn't specifically about Limp Tail, it does explain how Boswellia Serrata works as an anti-inflammatory.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dietary support with Boswellia resin in canine inflammatory joint and spinal disease.
Reichling J, Schmökel H, Fitzi J, Bucher S, Saller R.
[/align]Institut für Pharmazie und Molekulare Biotechnologie (IPMB), Abteilung Biologie, Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg, Germany. [email protected]
An open multi-centre veterinary clinical trial, comparing conditions before and after treatment with a herbal dietary supplement consisting of a natural resin extract of Boswellia serrata, was conducted by 10 practicing veterinarians in Switzerland. This traditional plant-based supplement is known for its anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory properties. 29 dogs with manifestations of chronic joint and spinal disease were enrolled. Osteoarthritis and degenerative conditions were confirmed radiologically in 25 of 29 cases. The resin extract (BSB108, product of Bogar AG) was administered with the regular food at a dose of 400 mg/10 kg body weight once daily for 6 weeks. Already after two weeks of treatment, an overall efficacy of the dietary supplement was evident in 71% of 24 eligible dogs. A statistically significant reduction of severity and resolution of typical clinical signs in individual animals, such as intermittent lameness, local pain and stiff gait, were reported after 6 weeks. Effects of external factors that aggravate lameness, such as "lameness when moving" and "lameness after a long rest" diminished gradually. In 5 dogs, reversible brief episodes of diarrhea and flatulence occurred, but only once was a relationship to the study preparation suspected. Because quality and stability of the resin extract were ensured, these
Old 08-04-2007, 03:32 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For mez

So the study wasn't blinded or controlled? Good science.

it does explain how Boswellia Serrata works as an anti-inflammatory
Had trouble getting that explanation from the abstact, why don't you explain that mechanism for me.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Inhibition of Leukotrienes. It's in the full article -- but not in the abstract.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:16 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Inhibition of Leukotrienes. It's in the full article -- but not in the abstract.
Thanks for providing that.

Was it blinded and did they have controls?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

mez,

I don't have the full article on my home computer, but I think it was just a clinical trial.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

thanks
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

My curly coated retriever has experienced this, limp tail, on 2 different occassions. Very very painful for the dog. Once durning the winter, after swimming in the river. The 2nd time was after my wife gave the boy an outside bath, in the spring time. Both times he was not dried properly.He was only dripped dried. Dry your dogs properly and this should not happen. This solution has worked for my CCR.

Where can I find DOC E's Ayur-bosswellia serrata ?????
Old 08-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud
Where can I find DOC E's Ayur-bosswellia serrata ?????
PM sent.