Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
English,Visla's, Brittney's What Do you Recommend >

English,Visla's, Brittney's What Do you Recommend

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

English,Visla's, Brittney's What Do you Recommend

Old 01-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: English,Visla's, Brittney's What Do you Recommend

I'm not a setter fan and would never own one but i will agree that they are good dogs because i have seen one in action though however. My dad got an english springer several months after i was born and we were literally the same age as we grew up. Sadly he died when we were 15 and it wouldn't be the same if i ever gotten another one but maybe someday. I like Brits but like the springer, i am not a big fan of longhaired dogs despite being able to field cut. I never seen a Visla in the field i heard its a good breed. I been thinking about getting either an Lab, GSP, Wiermaner (still learning more about that breed) maybe another springer. So i figured i would come to this subject more so i can figure out other people's thoughts and recommendations to the breeds and maybe i can figure out the best for me as well. It'll be about 4-5 months until i get a dog but it'll give me time to decide. Point being, all those dogs are great that you are considering so its important to make the best choice that you see fit. Have a good one and good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Live to hunt, hunt to live, be the eyes of the hawk <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-15-2003, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

We have always hunted with brittany's but just a few years ago we switched to small munsterlander pointers. They are both very fine dogs and have always performed extremely well in the field. The next dog I buy will be a Brittany. They have an excellent tempermant, tend to be very calm and steady, and have an awesome nose.

Without passion.....Why bother?
Old 01-21-2003, 03:46 PM

Take a look at the French Brittany, agreat dog for families and birds!!!