Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

When do you say goodby?

Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: When do you say goodby?

Sorry for your loss and I know the decision was difficult. I have been through that twice and it never is easy. As responsible pet owners we have to think of the animal rather than our own feelings. An aged or sick dog who is in pain is not living a quality life. Animals, unlike humans don't have the intellect to fear death (getting old) but do suffer with pain. IMO it is wrong to subject a loved pet to pain and suffering just to have them stay with you a little longer. I hope your tomorrow is better than today.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry for your loss, just think of the great times he gave you and your family. I feel as though you did the right thing as well.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

This topic brings back lots of good memories of my dog Belle and just the one hard one. We were with our family friend of 12 years when we did the right thing and we all talk about it to this day and how we felt, but we always end up telling tales of how good she was and we all smile. That was 13 yrs ago and I’m 50 now and sit here with tears in my eyes when I think back to that day. If you didn't feel sad something would be wrong, it's hard to say good bye and we all know that. Itwas your duty to take care of and provide for a valued family member and you did the right thing. Many of us know your pain and our thought are with you...